EXCLUSIVE: What Rhode Island’s Candidates Had For Breakfast
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
The former State Police Colonel and challenger to David Cicilline dined on scrambled eggs at Newport Creamery on Providence's Smith Sreet.
Rhode Island's incumbent US Senator began his day with tea and toast, then followed a bit later with a bagel from Bristol Bagel Works.
The GOP challenger to US Senator Sheldon Whitehouse hit the ground running with a protein shake this morning.
On the presidential front, GOP candidate Mitt Romney took off for his day of voting and campaigning with toast with peanut butter and honey.
By contrast, President Barack Obama (who has already cast his vote), rose early to send pre-dawn emails to supporters. It's been said that the President's favorite breakfast is waffles and sausage, but no word on whether that was the choice this morning. Meanwhile, Obama is eating both lunch and dinner in his Hyde Park, Illinois, home today.
- Election Day Freebies + Specials in Rhode Island
- Voter Guide: Who will Win the Biggest Races?
- 30 Things to Watch on Election Day
- Election Day: Binder Speaks Out
- Election Day: Gordon Fox Shares His Thoughts
- Gingrich, Devine, Profughi and Finneran Join GoLocal and WHJJ
- NEW: Voters Receive Wrong Ballot in South Kingstown
- NEW: West Warwick Polling Place Up and Running After Getting Wrong Ballots
- US Congressional Candidate Doherty Plans for a Strong Finish