Don’t Miss: Lobster Bake For RI Food Bank
Friday, September 06, 2013
For a ticket price of $75, the menu includes: clam chowder, farm green salad, pasta primavera salad, vegetable slaw, native lobster, mussels and steamers, chourico sausage, barbecued chicken, red bliss potatoes, corn on the cob, dessert, assorted sodas & water, beer & wine. A $10 children's menu for children ages 3-12 (kids under 3 eat for free) includes hamburgers & hotdogs, green salad, dessert, and juice, soda or water. You can make reservations here.
For aspiring chefs
The Food Bank’s Community Kitchen program is a 14-week intensive culinary education program for low-income and unemployed adults. More than 90% of the graduates secure employment in the hospitality industry within a year of graduation. Students acquire valuable work and life skills, while preparing hundreds of meals daily for the Food Bank’s Kids Cafe, which provides after-school meals to children.
The ACFRI is composed of chefs, cooks, culinary educators and entrepreneurs from the food and hospitality industry. ACFRI awards culinary scholarships to local colleges and career and technical centers that offer culinary education.
- Citizens Bank Donates to RI Food Bank for Every PawSox Strike-Out
- Seven Stars to Donate All Jan. 2 Sales to RI Food Bank
- Great Rhody Yarn Crawl to Benefit RI Food Bank
- Stop & Shop Donates 1,000 Turkeys to RI Food Bank
- Patti Austin Performance to Benefit Rhode Island Community Food Bank
- Washington Trust’s PB Xpress Collecting Peanut Butter for RI Food Bank
- RE/MAX Donates 3,000 Pounds of Food to RI Food Bank
- RI Food Bank Brings Back Award-Winning “Nothing” Campaign
- RI Food Bank Kicks Off Summer Food Drive
- “Striking Out Hunger” Nets $75K for RI Food Bank
- RI Food Bank Wins RI Foundation Community Leadership Award
- Celeb Chef Jeff Henderson Headlines Food Bank’s 30th Anniversary
- Seven Stars Bakery Donates Day’s Earnings to RI Food Bank