slides: 6 Great Cocktails To Serve on Super Bowl Sunday
Friday, February 01, 2013
All photos courtesy of Bottles Fine Wine.
What to serve with your jalapeno poppers, buffalo wings and famous spinach dip? Beer of course, but cocktails are great too! You can serve cocktails and not miss any crucial moments of the game. Drink mixing should be limited to time-outs or commercials, so you need something quick, classic and with as few ingredients as possible. Greet your guests with a cocktail, but also set up a self serve bar in your home arena so as not to lose a minute of action.
Self Serve Bar Set-Up
- Have an ice bucket with tongs, a cocktail shaker, bottle opener, bar spoon, and rocks glasses.
- For mixers, have Angostura bitters, simple syrup, ginger ale, club soda, tonic water, and ginger beer.
- Include handles of a few staple liquors like Bourbon, Vodka, and Rum.
- Pre-slice a bowl of limes. (Don't forget the orange wedges for Old-Fashioned's!)
Great for: Vodka lovers
Moscow Mules were first popular in the 1950s, and are so easy to make, smooth, & refreshing, that there's no way they aren't making a comeback!
1-2 parts Vodka
1 part Lime Juice
2-3 parts Ginger Beer
Add 2 or 3 ice cubes to Prairie Vodka, fresh Lime Juice, and Gosling's Ginger Beer, and then stir.
Great for: Bourbon fans
There are many variations on The Old Fashioned; here's our easy version that's simple enough for parties that uses Buffalo Trace Bourbon and Angostura Bitters.
2 oz. Bourbon
Dash of Angostura Bitters
1 tsp. Simple Syrup
Add an ice cube or two and stir.
Let your guests play bartender
Everyone has variations on how they like their drink mixed. A self serve bar with helpful cocktail recipe signs lets them make the perfect drink to their own taste.
Now that you have assembled the tools and given your guests a quick playbook, all there is left to do is enjoy the game!
Things to do during a time-out:
- Check your ice situation. Good cocktails are chilled cocktails.
- Take out the trash (or just tie the bag and throw it on the back porch to be properly disposed later)
- Make yourself a drink!
Get Bottles' downloadable cocktail signs, here.
- Best RI Places To Eat, Drink + Watch The Super Bowl
- Ocean House To Host Black & White Ball For Hurricane Sandy Relief
- 6 Holiday Cocktails
- Best Winter Cocktails & Where To Drink Them
- Cocktail Insider: RI’s Hidden Tequila Hot Spot
- Cocktail Insider: Tequila
- The Avery: Cocktail Heaven in the West End