slides: 5 Best Ravioli Dishes in RI for National Ravioli Day
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Related Slideshow: National Ravioli Day
Ravioli Di Angelina
Homemade Beef Short Rib Ravioli
Man, this dish is a tour de deliciousness. Part of the genius of it is the simplicity of the brown butter sauce that envelops the rich, braised beef. The short rib is braised with wine and stock and vegetables. And all of that flavor development shines through. The thin, housemade pasta is light and has a perfect "toothiness". The butter is slowly browned so it doesn't burn as it develops nutty flavor and a splash of pasta water holds the color and adds a little salinity. It's pretty perfect!
577 South Main St.
Canneloni Bolognese Alla Corinna
This rolled pasta has become a staple of ours when the odd craving for "summertime pasta" arises. Usually on a rainy day at the beach house we will make a drive up from Charlestown to South County Commons to the always good Trattoria Romana. We love this Canneloni. The Bolognese sauce is rich and flavorful. The pasta is perfectly cooked and holds up to the rich Bechemel sauce that tops the whole dish. The flavors of sausage and beef and veal come through well too, considering the weight of the sauce on top.
71 South County Commons Way
Jumbo Cheese Ravioli
Crespelle Alla Fiorentina
- Rhode Island’s 5 Best Appetizers
- Rhode Island’s 6 Best Desserts
- Rhode Island’s 5 Best Cupcakes
- New England’s Best Donuts
- Rhode Island’s 5 Best Desserts
- Rhode Island’s 5 Best Hot Dog Joints
- Rhode Island’s 5 Best Noodle Spots
- The 25 Best Food Trucks in New England
- The 5 Best Wiener Joints in Rhode Island
- RI’s 5 Best Spots For Easter Brunch + Dinner
- New England’s 25 Best Food Towns