United Way’s Tax Prep Service Comes to Providence in April
Saturday, March 25, 2017
The service will be held at the Stop & Shop located at 333 West River Street from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 1.
Those interested in attending must call 2-1-1 to make an appointment, meet the program’s eligibility requirements, and bring with them the required documents listed below.
Those attending the event must bring: Social Security Card(s) for self, spouse and all dependents; picture ID for self and spouse (if applicable); proof of health insurance coverage; all 2016 W-2, 1099 and 1095-A forms; copy of 2015 Federal Tax Return if available; child and dependent care expenses and Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN) of care provider; and check or savings account number with routing number for direct deposit.
Last year, through United Way’s service, Rhode Islanders filed 10,385 federal and 13,830 state income tax returns, returning more than $16.5 million to working families and individuals through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and refunds they were due.
Related Slideshow: United Way Grantees - 2016-2019
- United Way of RI Announces Two New Hires and a Staff Promotion
- United Way of RI Recognizes Tocqueville Society Members at 30th Anniversary
- United Way of RI Announces $12 Million in Grants to be Awarded From 2016-19
- United Way RI Brings Free Tax Services on Road With 8 Scheduled Events
- United Way of RI to Host Housing Summit on March 14
- United Way of RI Presents Annual Community Awards
- United Way of Rhode Island and Hasbro Expand Summer Learning Initiative
- United Way Seeks Applications for Olneyville Community Fund Grants
- United Way of RI Now Accepting Applications for Nonprofit Funding
- Brown’s Mike Martin to Headline United Way Event This Thursday
- United Way & BankNewport Give $300K to Newport Afterschool Programs
- United Way of RI Announces $3.1 Million in Grants to Kick Off New Grant Cycle
- RI Free Clinic Receives $150,000 Grant From United Way of RI
- Edesia Founder Salem to Speak at United Way’s Learn With Leaders Event
- United Way’s Women’s Leadership Council Hosts Forum
- United Way of RI Announces 20 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Sites
- United Way of RI Selects 11 Leaders to Executive Director Learning Circle Series
- Journey & United Way 2-1-1 in RI Team to Offer 24 Hour Addiction Call Coverage
- United Way of RI Launching Executive Director Learning Series
- United Way Announce Major Promotions and Hires – Bennett, Chapman and Tan
- United Way of RI Presents Awards to Campaign Leaders of Local Companies
- United Way of RI’s Miccoli Selected to National 2-1-1 U.S. Steering Committee
- United Way of RI Awards $155,000 in Grants for Safe, Healthy & Affordable Housing
- United Way of RI Awards $90K in Grants to Olneyville Community