United Way of RI Announces $12 Million in Grants to be Awarded From 2016-19
Thursday, September 10, 2015
The release of the requests for proposals comes after United Way of Rhode Island announced thier new strategic plan, LIVE UNITED 2020, in which thier goal is to 250,000 lives by the year 2020.
To accomplish the goals, United Way RI will fund ideas or programs which are designed to improve the lives of Rhode Islanders. The grant cycle for Requests For Proposals begins on July 1, 2016 and ends on June 30, 2019.
The Grant Process
Organizations interested in applying must submit a letter of intent by October 8, 2015. The letter of intent can be submitted online.
Each letter of intent will then be reviewed by United Way of Rhode Island staff in order to determine who is eligible to submit full proposals. Selected applicants will be notified by early November and proposals will be due by December 15, 2015.
The proposals will be reviewed by over 100 volunteers who will than deliver funding recomendations to the board.
The applicants will be notified of the decisions by March 2016 and the awards will be presented in July 2016.
United Way Rhode Island
United Way of Rhode Island works to improve the quality of life for over 80 years.
Click here for more information.
- United Way Invests $3 Million in Rhode Islanders
- United Way Seeks Applications for Olneyville Community Fund Grants
- United Way Collects 13,000+ Books for Local Kids
- NEW: United Way and NBC10 Seek Nominations for Jefferson Awards
- United Way Tax Program Saves Working RIers $12.8 Million
- United Way of RI Now Accepting Applications for Nonprofit Funding
- Brown’s Mike Martin to Headline United Way Event This Thursday
- United Way of RI Recognizes Tocqueville Society Members at 30th Anniversary
- United Way of RI Announces Two New Hires and a Staff Promotion
- United Way of RI Presents Annual Community Awards
- United Way of Rhode Island and Hasbro Expand Summer Learning Initiative
- United Way & BankNewport Give $300K to Newport Afterschool Programs
- United Way of RI Announces $12 Million in Grants to be Awarded From 2016-19