Treasurer-Elect Magaziner Names Transition Committee
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
“I am honored that this accomplished and talented group of individuals has agreed to advise me in the coming weeks as I prepare to take office,” said Magaziner. “Each member of my transition team brings a diverse set of skills and experiences that will help me to build the most talented Treasury staff possible and hit the ground running to create good paying jobs, maximize returns on our pension investments, and ensure all Rhode Islanders have access to quality, affordable banking services.”
Marie Langlois, Chair of the RI Foundation Investment Committee and Roy Coulombe, Business Manager for Ironworkers Local 37 will serve as the committee’s co-chairs.
The following people will also serve on Magaziner’s Transition Committee:
Antonio Barajas, MD, Internal and Emergency Medicine; long time community leader
Ned Handy, President and Chief Operating Officer, The Washington Trust Company
Rajiv Kumar, MD, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, ShapeUp, Inc.
Andy Posner, Founder and President, Capitol Good Fund
Bob Walsh, Executive Director, National Education Association Rhode Island
Laurie White, President, Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
Magaziner also named Katie Nee Zambrano as the director of his Transition Committee.
Following a formal admission ceremony later this month, Nee Zambrano will be an attorney at the law firm of Harrington & Vitale. Nee Zambrano's previous work includes serving as Regional Political Director at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and as Chief of Staff to Congressman Don Cazayoux (D-LA).
- 31-Year-Old Magaziner Wins General Treasurer’s Office
- The Scoop: Magaziner and Almonte Endorsement Duel, Uber Offering Election Day Rides, and More
- The Scoop: Block Endorses Fung; Elorza, Almonte, Magaziner Pick up Endorsements, and More
- The Scoop: Fung Confirms Christie RI Visit, Almonte Blasts Magaziner on Disclosure, and More
- Magaziner Announces for RI General Treasurer with YouTube Video
- Newport Democrats Endorse Magaziner for General Treasurer
- NEW: Ira Magaziner to Deliver Health Reform Lecture at Brown
- NEW: (add)ventures Named One of ICIC and Fortune Magazine’s Inner City 100 Winners
- Riley: Caprio Track Record Good, Seth Magaziner Claims Questioned
- Marie Langlois and Phil Keefe: Seth Magaziner is the Right Choice for Treasurer
- Seth Magaziner Wins Democratic Primary for General Treasurer
- NEW: Roberts Endorses Magaziner for RI General Treasurer
- Seth Magaziner Appoints Business Advisory Group
- The Scoop: Cianci Endorsed by Impacto Hispano, Duffy and Nee Team Up for Magaziner, and More
- Riley: Providence Journal and Seth Magaziner Perfect Together
- The Scoop: Magaziner Calls Almonte a Liar, Cianci Blasts Harrop’s Elorza Donation, and More
- The Scoop: RI Dems Blasts Fung on Flip-Flop, New Magaziner Ad, and More