Take a Tour of the Superman Building
Saturday, August 13, 2016
The building was once the home to Fleet Bank - one of America's largest and most successful banks. Today, the building is vacant and an epicenter for debate about public subsidies to private investors.
On Thursday, as the developer and the PPPS teamed up to provide one of their public tours of the building, the Rhode Island Libertarian Party was protesting the potential of tax breaks and public subsidies for the rehab of the building. At different times, the owner of the building, Boston developer David Sweetser, has had demanded subsidies totaling as much as $75 million in public support.
Take a tour of the iconic building.
Related Slideshow: Tour of the Superman Building - August, 2016
- Russell Moore: Superman Is Not Curt Schilling
- Superman Building Plans Heat Up: Who Are the Players?
- Lisa Blais: No Public-Private Deals For Superman Building
- John Hazen White’s Lookout: Superman Lights Will Shine Again
- The Scoop: Superman Building Spokesman Talking for Pell
- LISTEN: Superman Building Players + Who’s Hot and Who’s Not
- NEW: Block Says Superman Building Has All the Makings of 38 Studios
- Rep O’Neill Criticizes Fox & Superman Plan - Similar to 38 Studios
- Donna Perry: Superman Building Tax Credit Not So Super
- Providence “Superman Building” Closes—GOP as New Superman
- NEW: Superman Building Owner Seeking $70-$75M for Renovations
- PODCAST: Will Superman Building Proposal Stand Chance for Success?
- Will New Superman Building Proposal Stand Chance for Success?
- GoLocalTV: RI Leaders Make Case for Saving Superman Building
- Superman Developer Asking for Tens of Millions in Subsidies Again
- Senate Republicans Oppose Rehab of Superman Building Using Taxpayer Funds
- Public Tours of Superman Scheduled to Build Support - UPDATED
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Superman Building, Mike Pence and Hillary
- EXCLUSIVE: Citizens Bank Looking at Superman Building for Corporate Headquarters
- PODCAST: Citizens Bank Looking at Superman Building for Corporate Headquarters
- New Proposal: Ten of Millions of Taxpayer Funds for Superman Bldg
- Can Providence Survive More Apartments in Superman Building?
- NEW: Block Calls Superman Deal “Kryptonite” for RI
- Superman Building Has Zero Value, Appraisal Shows