Starting June 23, Bob Whitcomb Joins GoLocal
Monday, June 13, 2016
Starting on Wednesday, Whitcomb joins GoLocal and will be writing a weekly column titled Digital Diary.
“It is a real privilege to have Bob join the team at GoLocal. For years, Bob has been one of the most influential figures in New England and his editorials have been an important part of the public dialogue in Rhode Island,” said Josh Fenton, CEO and Co-Founder of GoLocal24.
In addition to his remarkable career as print editor and writer, Whitcomb has worked in all major print and electronic media. This has included co-hosting a public-affairs show on an ABC-TV affiliate and being a frequent contributor on radio engagements. The editor of several books, he co-wrote Cape Wind, from which the movie Cape Spin was made. He has also done extensive writing over the years for national magazines, such as Newsweek, Pacific Standard and The Weekly Standard, as well as editing and writing international newsletters.
Whitcomb was the member secretary of the Aga Khan University Media Thinking Group, whose work helped lead create the university’s Graduate School of Media and Communications, serving the developing world and based in Nairobi.
His current work includes being a partner and senior adviser at Cambridge Management Group, a national healthcare consultancy; overseer of newenglanddiary.com; managing editor of the Boston Global Forum; blogger for The Huffington Post; fellow of the Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy; chairman of the Providence Committee on Foreign Relations, and president of Guard Dog Media, which publishes The Boston Guardian, a weekly newspaper.
He is a graduate of Dartmouth College and has a master’s degree from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, with a fellowship in economics. He lives in Providence, and is married with two grown daughters.
- GoLocal24 Launches “Social Targeted Sponsored Content”
- BIA/Kelsey Names GoLocal24 Future Star in Local Digital Media
- Leading Media Strategist Merrill Brown Joins GoLocal24 Board
- GoLocal24 Closes Round of Financing Led by Angel St. Capital: GoLocalProv.com Parent Company
- GoGo Cast Partners with GoLocal24 for Content on Go-Screens in Southeastern N.E.
- GoLocal24 Names Former Boston Globe President Daniels COO
- GoLocal24 Closes Second Round of Financing Led by Cork Media and Angel Street Capital
- GoLocal24 Announces Expansion to Portland, Oregon