RI Foundation Sets Dec. 11 Deadline for $300,000 Innovation Grant Applications
Wednesday, December 09, 2015
The grants will award two applicants up to $300,000 apiece over a three year period to develop, test and implement innovative proposals that have potential to improve life in Rhode Island. Past winners include a culinary marketplace, digital textile printing facility, an art cinema center and mussel farm.
“This program enhances Rhode Island’s reputation as a place of innovation and ingenuity. We thank Letitia and John Carter for having the vision to encourage bold thinkers to bring their best ideas to life,” said Neil Steinberg, the Foundation’s president and CEO.
This marks the 5th round of funding.
The Selection Process
Those applying do not have to be residents, however, they must commit to living in Rhode island during the term of the fellowship, if they are selected.
There is a one page initial application will ask the applicants to summarize their proposed innovation in no more than a few hundred words and to describe how the innovation would help Rhode Islanders.
In February 2016, the selection panel will ask a group of semi-finalists to submit a more detailed application as well as a short video.
Preference will be given to proposals that promise the greatest good for the greatest number of Rhode Islanders.
The Foundation expects to announce the winners in April.
The RI Foundation
The Rhode Island Foundation is the largest and most comprehensive funder of nonprofit organizations in Rhode Island. The Foundation awarded $34.8 million in grants to organizations addressing pressing issues in 2014.
Click here for more information.
- RI Food Bank Wins RI Foundation Community Leadership Award
- 150 Scholarships for RI Students Still Available—RI Foundation
- NEW: $25K Fellowships Available to Writers—RI Foundation
- NEW: RI Foundation Names 2013 Non-Profit Fellows
- NEW: RI Foundation Awards $25K Grants to 3 RI Writers
- NEW: Two Non-Profits Win RI Foundation Best Practice Awards
- NEW: RWU Law Professor Appointed to RI Foundation Board
- NEW: RI Foundation Announces $565K Awarded to 14 Nonprofits
- NEW: RI Foundation Grants $3.4 Million in Second Quarter of 2011
- UnitedHealthcare & RI Foundation Offer $250K for Primary Care Docs
- NEW: Kertzner Named VP of Grantmaking at RI Foundation
- NEW: RI Foundation Announces Record Giving Year—$30.4 Million
- NEW: RI Foundation Innovation Awards Honor Gagnon, Taylor Tonight
- 13 Nonprofit Execs Receive RI Foundation Fellowships
- RI Foundation Announces $500,000 in Scholarships
- RI Foundation to Award “Genius” Grants on Wednesday
- RI Foundation to Present Best Practice Awards to Five Nonprofit Organizations
- RI Foundation Awards $17.2 Million in Grants to Help Non-Profit Organizations
- RI Foundation Names 14 Nonprofit Leaders to Watch
- RI Foundation Promotes Buy Local RI Campaign
- NEW: RI Foundation Launches Statewide ‘Backyard’ Campaign
- NEW: RI Foundation Begins Accepting “Genius” Grant Applications
- NEW: RI Foundation + Commerce RI Release Econ. Development Report
- RI Foundation Begins Accepting Applications for 2015 “Genius” Grants
- RI Foundation Announces $10 Million Plan to Restore Roger Williams Park