NEW: Rhode Island Ranks 50th in Auto Loans
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
The impact is significant. "Residents of states that ranked poorly for affordable interest rates shouldn’t necessarily give up the search for competitive financing options.Interestingly, credit unions consistently offered the lowest base rates in each state, mirroring the top rates in states that ranked well for low rates overall. These financial not-for-profits should be any car loan applicant’s go-to source of financing if interest rates are a concern," said GoBankingRates.com.
Rhode Island Last
The nation’s smallest state is home to the highest car loan rates on average, and the only one to break 5%.
Best Local Auto Loan Rates for Popular Terms
36-month: Navy Federal Credit Union – 1.49%
48-month: USAA FSB – 2.24%
60-month: Navy Federal Credit Union – 1.79%
Number of Registered Autos: 473,647
Per Capita Personal Income: $44,990
Unemployment Rate: 8.9%
Auto loan rate data was compiled using the GoBankingRates interest rate database. GoBankingRates partners with Informa Research Services, Inc. (www.informars.com) in aggregating up-to-date rate information belonging to thousands of local, national and online U.S. banks and credit unions. Although the information has been obtained from the various financial institutions, the accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
- Auto Dealers Charged in Money Laundering Scheme
- NEW: Group Praises Chafee Decision to Veto Auto Body Bill
- NEW: Honda to Ship Autos to the Port of Davisville
- NEW: Lawmaker Proposes Revision in Auto Valuation Process
- NEW: Chafee Shutting Down Highway Traffic
- NEW: Construction Project Halts Traffic Downtown Wednesday
- NEW: RIDOT Engineer on Highway Traffic Safety Committee
- Police Now Can’t Have Traffic Ticket Quotas
- RI Traffic Deaths Spike As National Numbers Decline