Norwegian Air Completes 1st Week of Service Out of Green to European Markets
Thursday, July 13, 2017
The airline offers multiple weekly flights to Belfast, Bergen, Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh and Shannon and also announced two French Caribbean routes that will begin in October.
“These flights are fulfilling what we anticipated when Norwegian first announced its service. They are introducing new visitors to Rhode Island, many of whom who are staying in our hotels and eating in our restaurants. Business opportunities for Rhode Island companies to these markets and beyond are enhanced by this nonstop international service, improving Rhode Island’s position as part of the global economy. We could not be more pleased with the level of bookings at the inception of this service and hope to host many new visitors through our airport,” said Iftikhar Ahmad, President and CEO of the Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC).
The Providence departure schedule is as follows:
- Belfast: Twice weekly on Monday and Friday
- Bergen: Twice weekly on Tuesday and Saturday
- Cork: Three weekly departures on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Dublin: Daily flights except Monday and Fridays
- Edinburgh: Four flights weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Shannon: Twice weekly on Thursdays and Sundays
Renovations to Green
Renovations were recently completed at Green Airport to the existing Federal Inspection Services Facility, where international passengers are processed.
“The magnitude of this undertaking cannot be overstated. The construction was completed successfully in an abbreviated period of time to ensure the airport was ready for the full complement of Norwegian flights. On behalf of the board, I want to thank Dimeo Construction for their exceptional work to complete this critical project in the shortened time frame, our federal delegation and specifically Senator Reed for his support, Customs and Board Protection, our legislative leadership, and our Governor for working with us through this challenging process, and our RIAC team that provided the leadership to get this done,” said Jonathan Savage, Chairman of the RIAC Board of Directors.
The construction was completed on time and within budget.
Related Slideshow: New Direct Flights from T.F. Green Globally - June, 2017
- White House’s Spicer: Norwegian Air Expansion is Pro-Jobs, Providence Expansion Pending
- Norwegian Airlines Picks Providence for $69 European Flights, But Trump Has Last Word
- Providence On Short List for Norwegian Air Flights to Ireland for $69 Each Way
- Senate Majority Leader Ruggerio Says Norwegian Air Would Be Boost to RI’s Economy and Jobs
- Langevin Flips and Now Supports Airport’s Position on Norwegian Air in Rhode Island
- BREAKING: Norwegian Air Expands Service To Norway Direct From T.F. Green
- EDITORIAL: “Landing Norwegian Air is Rhode Island at Its Finest”
- Seven Things You Need to Know About Norwegian Air Flights
- FAA Has Approved Norwegian Air for TF Green, $69 Fare to Ireland One Step Closer
- VIDEO: Norwegian Air Makes Announcement of Additional International Flights from Green
- Tourism Officials Fight to Bring Norwegian Air to RI, Langevin and Cicilline Fight Against Airline