NEW: Twin River Casino to Add 14 Table Games, 90 Jobs
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
The announcement comes on the heels of the Rhode Island Division of Lotteries approval last week to install the additional games, all within the existing Twin River footprint. Gilbane Building Company and JCJ Architecture have been re-engaged to complete the build-out at an estimated cost of $1 million.
“When we began table games on June 19th of this year we had some confidence of their success but clearly, they have exceeded our expectations, particularly during certain times of the day such as early afternoons and week nights,” said John E. Taylor, Jr., chairman of the Twin River Board of Directors. “We think the time is right to expand our table game offering as evidenced by our success in just two short months, and by the number of guests waiting to play at certain tables, particularly during weekend hours.”
New Jobs + Revenue
Since adding table games, Twin River has been able to create 560 new jobs, increasing its total work force to 1,448. Of these employees, just over 80 percent of them are Rhode Islanders, according to Taylor.
Aside from creating new jobs, table games have also generated new revenue, said Taylor.
"Last, we are of course proud that revenue to the state from the first month and a half of table games operations was significant, more than $1 million, along with increased VLT revenue this July as compared to last year. This is a promising beginning for table games, and good news for the state,'' he said.
The exact mix of new games will not be announced until the opening date draws nearer, but will include additional Blackjack tables. The number of Video Lottery Terminals (VLTs) will remain at 4,538.
- Gov. Signs Bill to End Greyhound Racing at Twin River
- Twin River Breaks New Ad to Promote Job Growth
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Dean Lees Jr.: Just Say No to Expanding Twin River
- Twin River Study Shows Benefits of Table Games
- It’s Table Games or Die at Twin River
- Twin River Table Games Campaign Spending Tops $2 Million
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: Rhode Island Needs to Talk Twin River
- Worcester Slot Casino Unveiled - A Threat to Twin River?
- NEW: Twin River Rebuts Bankruptcy Judge
- Live Table Games Open at Twin River
- NEW: Twin River to Add Table Games; Newport Votes Against Expansion
- NEW: State Representative Says Twin River Must Pay More
- NEW: Twin River to Host Gala to Celebrate Table Games Tonight
- RI State Report: EDC Overhaul + Twin River Table Games
- Former Lincoln Council President Concerned About Twin River Table Games
- RI State Report: Twin River, CPR Certification + Drunk-Driving Loophole