NEW: T.F. Green Airport Announces Enhancements to Customer Service
Monday, March 31, 2014
“We know travel can be a stressful experience- from the planning to the packing, to navigating through security, to your flight and finally arriving at your destination,” said Kelly Fredericks, President & CEO, Rhode Island Airport Corporation. “At Green Airport, our focus is on the customer experience. We strive to make the journey to your destination as seamless as possible with convenient on-airport parking, MBTA train connections, a streamlined checkpoint and an easy to navigate terminal.”
Beginning September 16, 2014, T.F. Green Airport travelers looking to make international connections will be able to book their connections to places such as Aruba, Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau and Punta Cana on www.Southwest.com. At this time, Southwest Airlines flight schedules are now open for booking through the end of October.
Travelex Currency Exchange is now open on the 2nd floor of the airport, pre-security, near the US Airways ticket counter. Services offered include travel insurance, prepaid phone cards and prepaid debit cards in a range of currencies. Hours of operation are from 5:00am to 6:00pm.
In conjunction with the RI Department of Transportation, the Airport has extended the “Try Transit, Beat Traffic” promotion. Daily commuter rail riders can park for free (daily parking only; overnight parking excluded) in the InterLink parking garage through June 30.
Also new to the airport, TSA PreCheck allows select frequent flyers of participating airlines and members of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler programs who are flying on participating airlines, to receive expedited screening benefits. Eligible participants use dedicated screening lanes for screening benefits which include leaving on shoes, light outerwear and belts, as well as leaving laptops and 3-1-1 compliant liquids in carry-on bags. Travelers interested in enrolling in this program, can now do so by completing an application.
America's Most Accessible Location
In 2012 and again in 2013, T.F. Green Airport was named one of America’s Best Airport’s by Travel + Leisure readers, ranking 1st for its accessible location and 2nd for its smooth check-in process. In recent months, the Airport launched a new ad campaign aimed at reminding travelers that Green “Keeps You Moving.” With the traffic in and around Boston, coupled with the recent construction in the Callahan tunnel, the airport is a good alternative airport to consider.
For those looking for a connection to or from the Boston area, the Airport’s InterLink with its 20 daily (weekday) commuter trains convenient option. Since on-train MBTA service payment is only accepted in the form of cash or a monthly commuter rail pass, a new, a Washington Trust branded ATM has been installed at the InterLink. And Warwick-based coffee truck Presto Strange O is also now servicing the commuter rail stop at the airport between 6am and 8am for those looking for a quick coffee before or after their train ride.
Visit www.mbta.com for a complete service schedule.
Electric vehicle charging stations
Additional customer service enhancements include electric vehicle charging stations at the second level in Garage A and under the skywalk in short term lot D. Use of these charging stations is free with paid parking. And Delta Airlines new mobile device charging stations in the hold areas at Gates 11, 16, and 18 and a Budweiser Bowtie is now open near Gate 16 and serves up cold beer and modern American fare such as burgers, chili, chowder, salads, seafood and sandwiches.
“At Green Airport we want travelers to enjoy the journey in between. Coupling all of these enhancements – convenient parking, a hot cup of coffee, expedited screening with TSA PreCheck, and a place to plug in and recharge, all make for a more enjoyable travel experience,” Fredericks concluded.
Related Slideshow: Most Dangerous Intersections in Rhode Island
Using the most recent available data, GoLocalProv has compiled a list of the Most Dangerous Intersections in New England.
See the methodology here
Since different states chose different time spans in which to accumulate their data (3-10 years), GoLocal standardized the tallies to a 3-year sum.
- ‘Interlink’ Opens at TF Green Airport
- City Withheld Key Information on T.F. Green Expansion
- NEW: Air Canada Discontinues Service from T.F. Green
- NEW: Jet Runs Off Runway At T.F. Green
- NEW: Officials Call for Extended Runway at T.F. Green
- NEW: T.F. Greene, RIPTA Cancelling Service in Anticipation of Storm
- PODCAST: City Withheld Key Information on T.F. Green Expansion
- T.F. Green Airport Ranks As One Of America’s Best
- T.F. Green Airport: Far Cheaper Than Logan
- T.F. Green to Boston: New Train vs. Car
- Rob Horowitz: Airport Expansion Agreement is a Big Step Forward
- RI’s Jet Pull For MS Takes Off This Saturday At TF Green Airport
- Air Travel is Getting Complicated and Green Airport has Recommendations
- Do you Support the TSA’s New Airport Security Procedures?
- JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport
- NEW: Chafee Names Two to Airport Board of Directors
- NEW: JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport
- NEW: RISCA Wants Local Artists For Airport Exhibits
- NEW: TF Green Airport Ready for RI’s Thanksgiving Travel
- Paolino Charges: Airport Train Station a $267 Million ‘Boondoggle’
- Warwick Council Votes to Expand T.F. Green Runway