New Round of Superman Building Tour Dates Announced
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Superman Building owner David Sweetser of High Rock Development has announced a second round of public tours.
High Rock originally held five public tour dates in the summer and all 200 spots were reserved in less than two hours.
Dates, Reservation Website
The reservation website will go live on Tuesday, November 15 at 11 A.M.
The three additional tour dates are:
Saturday, November 19, at 1:00 pm
Saturday, December 3, at 1:00 pm
Saturday, December 10, at 1:00 pm
The tours, which will again conducted by members of the Providence Preservation Society, will last approximately an hour and a half. Attendees will be able to tour the vault, the banking hall and the 25th floor. Participants will be given a complimentary t-shirt and a pair of binoculars.
“We greatly appreciate the efforts of the Providence Preservation Society to work out these additional dates around the holiday season. We thought the original tour dates would be popular, but we didn’t expect all 200 slots would be reserved in less than two hours. Rhode Islanders have a strong connection to this building,” said David Sweetser, principal of High Rock Development.
Libertarian Party Opposes Taxpayer Support
The Libertarian Party of Rhode Island said that they would continue to oppose any taxpayer subsidies going towards the Superman Building.
"The Libertarian Party of Rhode Island, with its nearly 15,000 supporters remains firmly opposed to the use of taxpayer funds to support a private venture. Rhode Islanders routinely invest their personal capital and sweat equity to achieve success in the marketplace, often despite the best efforts of an out of control government. It is time for High Rock Development to utilize their well documented expertise in raising capital in the private marketplace," said party chair Pat Ford.
There is currently no ask from High Rock Development of the state at this time.
PHOTOS: TAKE A TOUR OF THE SUPERMAN BUILDING BELOW
Related Slideshow: Tour of the Superman Building - August, 2016
- John Hazen White’s Lookout: Superman Lights Will Shine Again
- Lisa Blais: No Public-Private Deals For Superman Building
- The Scoop: Superman Building Spokesman Talking for Pell
- PODCAST: Will Superman Building Proposal Stand Chance for Success?
- Will New Superman Building Proposal Stand Chance for Success?
- Russell Moore: Superman Is Not Curt Schilling
- Superman Building Plans Heat Up: Who Are the Players?
- Providence “Superman Building” Closes—GOP as New Superman
- NEW: Superman Building Owner Seeking $70-$75M for Renovations
- NEW: Block Says Superman Building Has All the Makings of 38 Studios
- LISTEN: Superman Building Players + Who’s Hot and Who’s Not
- New Proposal: Ten of Millions of Taxpayer Funds for Superman Bldg
- Can Providence Survive More Apartments in Superman Building?
- Public Tours of Superman Scheduled to Build Support - UPDATED
- Senate Republicans Oppose Rehab of Superman Building Using Taxpayer Funds
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Superman Building, Mike Pence and Hillary
- Take a Tour of the Superman Building
- If PayPal Comes to RI, Superman Building Not Likely
- GoLocalTV: RI Leaders Make Case for Saving Superman Building
- Superman Developer Asking for Tens of Millions in Subsidies Again
- NEW: Block Calls Superman Deal “Kryptonite” for RI
- Superman Building Has Zero Value, Appraisal Shows
- PODCAST: Citizens Bank Looking at Superman Building for Corporate Headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: Citizens Bank Looking at Superman Building for Corporate Headquarters
- High Wire Act: Women Investigate Superman Building