NEW: RI’s Hatch Entrepreneurial Center is Open For Business
Friday, September 20, 2013
An Inspired Venture
Inspired by the Rhode Island Foundation’s “Make It Happen” event, John Murphy, Founder and Chairman of Home Loan Investment Bank, and his sons have created a center that will foster creativity, camaraderie, and most importantly, jobs, for hard-working Rhode Islanders.
“We have focused our passion and effort into realizing this dream of creating a center that will foster creativity, camaraderie and most importantly, jobs, for hard-working Rhode Islanders,” said Daniel Murphy, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Ocean Capital and Principal & Co-Founder of Hatch. “As fellow entrepreneurs, we are well aware of the challenges start-up businesses face and Hatch will provide the tools and expertise to ambitious professionals so they can achieve their own success.”
Capital and Connections
The Hatch Entrepreneurial Center will also be able to offer access to capital and connections to business leaders in the state and the region.
“We are thrilled to offer this space and these services for the incredibly bright individuals who receive wonderful educations here, but are ultimately drawn to other parts of the country and the world to prosper,” added Murphy. “It is our hope that we can be part of a movement that will put an end to the ‘brain drain’ and create more opportunities for Rhode Islanders.”
Located on the second and third floor of 244 Weybosset Street in Providence, the Hatch Entrepreneurial Center will provides 6,000 square feet of office space to its associates and typical workplace amenities such as phone and internet access; fax, scanner and copier machines; and conference rooms and meeting spaces for early-stage companies. There will be opportunities for entrepreneurs to meet and review business plans, discuss operational issues with other start-ups, and connect with mentors in the areas of accounting, finance, international business, law, marketing, and management.
For more information, please visit www.hatchri.com or call 401 263-5626.
- Big Improvement: RI Jumps Forward in National Entrepreneurship Ranking
- Calling All Entrepreneurs
- Creative Courses for Entrepreneurs at RiverzEdge
- NEW: Rhode Island Ranks #19 In US For Entrepreneurship
- RICIE to Hold Expert Panel for Entrepreneurs
- NEW: $13.1M in Federal Funding for Small Business Growth
- RI Ranked 50th for Small Businesses
- Venture For America to Help Rhode Island’s Young Entrepreneurs
- Top Ten Entrepreneurial Mistakes Forum
- Tools for Entrepreneurs - A Business Forum that Matters
- Tech Entrepreneur Chris Sheehy: 13 To Watch in RI in 2013
- NEW: Brown Named #13 Most Entrepreneurial College in US