NEW: RI Business Plan Competition Deadline Coming April 1
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
All applications are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 1.
Organizers of the annual competition advise applicants to develop most, if not all, of their plan first and then work from that to complete the online application. "This will help you develop the information you need for the application. Read more," it says.
There is no advantage in applying early since the judges will review applications only after all are received. "But there is a strong advantage in working on your plan now."
Approximately 12 applicants will be selected as semi-finalists on April 8 and asked to submit a full business plan by April 16. By working on their plan sooner rather than later, applicants will be better prepared to submit a full plan should they become semi-finalists.
Free business plan workshop on March 13
RI Business Plan Competition will be offering a free workshop on March 13: How to Present a Business Plan. The workshop will provide an pportunity to hear directly from active investors on:
What a first meeting should accomplish
How to address investors' key interests
How to demonstrate that your idea will make money
How best to use PowerPoints
Other useful tips
Attendance is free and open to all. Pre-registration is required, however. Click here to register.
The workshop is open to the public, whether or not you plan to apply to the competition, and will be held 5:30 - 7 p.m. at 95 Chestnut St., Third Floor, Providence.
- NEW: Rhode Island Elevator Pitch Competition Deadline Nov. 30
- 2012 Rhode Island Business Plan Competition - Time for a Good Party
- NEW: Rhode Island Elevator Pitch Competition Dec. 5
- NEW: RI Business Plan Competition 2012 Names Semi-Finalists
- NEW: RI Business Plan Competition Announces 7 Finalists
- NEW: Winners Named in 2012 RI Business Plan Competition
- NEW: Brown Student’s Backpack Lock Wins Elevator Pitch Competition
- NEW: Elevator Pitch Contest Awards Top Innovators
- NEW: Elevator Pitch Contest Deadline Approaching