RI Commerce Releases Amazon HQ2 Docs - Redacts Financial Incentives Offered
Saturday, April 07, 2018
And while the 127-page pitch contains many of the proposal details -- Commerce redacted the financial incentives offered by the state in the document released Friday.
SLIDES: See RI's HQ2 Pitch BELOW
Commerce's Matt Sheaff said the incentives were redacted, "We take protecting the taxpayer very seriously. While the document does name the incentive programs that the State utilized in its bid, specific financial information related to the submission has been redacted as we remain in dialogue with Amazon about other opportunities and so as to not hurt our competitive negotiations with other potential companies looking to expand or relocate to Rhode Island."
According to Commerce, seven Rhode Island cities and towns were included in the proposal.
Statement from Commerce:
The proposal is comprised of partnerships with the state’s municipalities, universities, and businesses. The bid focuses on Rhode Island’s best attributes: its talent, location, and quality of life. The proposal also describes the partnerships, business climate, affordability, and incentives that make Rhode Island attractive.
Accompanying the bid, the Stat created http://www.riforamazon.us which includes Rhode Island’s 90 second business attraction video “Look a Little Closer" testimonial videos from some of the state’s CEOs, and footage from an earlier version of our “Fun Size” tourism campaign. Both the bid and the supplemental website were submitted to Amazon last Fall.
The document was a collaboration among multiple state agencies and partners including the Partnership for Rhode Island, municipal leaders, Rhode Island’s colleges and universities, the Chambers of Commerce and the business community. The document can be downloaded in full on http://www.riforamazon.us.
The submitted locations included in the bid are:
RI Commerce’s Amazon HQ2 Pitch - 2018
- Raimondo Administration Refuses to Answer Questions About Amazon HQ2 Effort
- Robert Whitcomb: Amazonian Ocean State? Immigration Ambiguities; Block Island Police Logs
- “Retail Prophet” Stephens on Toys “R” Us, Amazon, and More, on GoLocal LIVE
- 17 RI Experts Tell How Rhode Island Can Win Amazon HQ2
- Kaplan “Mr. Innovation” Says Providence Can Compete for Amazon as Part of a Regional Play
- All Benny’s Stores Closing, Amazon Factor Hits RI, 700 Out-of-Work UPDATED
- 7 Reasons Why It’s Smart for Amazon to Select Providence for Second HQ and 50,000 Jobs
- Business Monday on Golocal LIVE Features Discussion of RI Budget and Amazon-Whole Foods Deal
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan on Amazon and Whole Foods Merger and Impact on RI
- EDITORIAL: Cicilline Lives in the Past While MA is Adding More Than 2,500 Amazon Jobs
- BIF’s Kaplan Talks Amazon’s Disruption to Supermarkets, New Uber CEO, and #BIF2017
- Is it Good for RI, If Amazon HQ2 Goes to Boston?
- RI Submits Last Minute Amazon HQ2 Proposal, Commerce Refuses to Disclose Incentives
- LIVE: Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, JPMorgan Healthcare Shakeup: “Nonprofit” is Key, Says Fine
- LIVE: Comedian Collins New Book Hits One of Amazon’s Bestseller Lists
- Kaplan Discusses Amazon, CVS and Uber on Business Monday on LIVE
- Whitcomb: All Bow to Amazon; Mainers Want More Medicaid; Money Underwater; Perfectly Awful Penthouse
- Amazon Is Slashing Jobs at Whole Foods in New England Region
- Amazon-Partner Pinnacle Faces Federal Unfair Labor Practice Charges in RI
- Whitcomb: Walk of Life; the Fox ‘News’ Farce; Dark Facebook; Show the Amazon Bid; Party as in 2006
- NEW: Amazon Narrows List for HQ2 to 20 - Boston Makes Cut, RI Out
- Teamsters File Federal Labor Complaint Against Amazon Partner Pinnacle in RI
- Saul Kaplan Hopes RI Can Implement Some Amazon HQ2 Ideas Even if We Fail
- CVS and Aetna Worry About UnitedHealth as Well as Amazon
- Did Commerce RI Have Another Iceland Moment in Amazon Proposal?