NEW: Newport Chamber Picks New Executive Director
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
She was appointed by an unanimous vote by the Chamber Board in light of previous Executive Director Keith Stokes' reappointment as Executive Director of the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation (RIEDC) by Governor Chafee earlier this year.
"Jody Sullivan has provided outstanding leadership to the Chamber during her tenure as interim Executive Director," said Chamber Board Chairman Eric Offenberg. "Her knowledge of the local business community and her commitment to our 1,100 members as well as her talented staff, will guarantee that the Chamber continues to be one of the most relevant business organizations in the state."
Jody Sullivan has been with the Newport Chamber of Commerce — the second largest chamber in the state — since 1994. She has served as Deputy Director since 2003.
"Having worked closely with [Sullivan] for years, I know that her experience, knowledge, and passion for Newport County will help her with the continued success she's already had in this role," said Keith Stokes.
Added Sullivan, "It's an honor and a privilege to continue the Chamber's work on behalf of Chamber members, county businesses, and the community at large."
If you valued this article, please LIKE GoLocalProv.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
- Candidates Split Over Taxes at Chamber of Commerce Forum
- Chamber Forum Focuses on the ‘Knowledge Economy’
- NEW: Chamber Slams Chafee Budget Proposal
- NEW: Chambers Push for Health Force Inclusion
- NEW: Newport Chamber to Host Info Session on Chafee’s Budget
- Newport Chamber is Not Slowing Down in the Holiday Season
- Newport Chamber offers Programs to Jump Start Your Business in the New Year
- Providence Chamber Dinner Features Bank of America CEO Moynihan