Kartabar on Thayer Street in Providence to Close
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Owner Philippe Maatouk made the announcement on Facebook on Tuesday -- stating that Thayer Street had become "difficult."
After 18 unforgettable years, Kartabar is closing its doors on Sunday the 25th of November. We want to thank all of you who came here weekly and monthly and yearly. Those of you who chose to spend your precious moments with us, those of you who got engaged here, who had their birthdays and anniversaries, and all of you who dropped by just to say hi and chat. Thank you for allowing us to become a part of your life. This has been one undeniably wonderful journey, so many extraordinary people, remarkable experiences.
We thought we had found a real home at this location, but unfortunately Thayer street has become difficult for us to make it work here. Now it is time for us to say goodbye and move on. Our best wishes and hopes remain for the future and we thank you all for the past.
With great appreciation,
- 80-Year-Old With Handicapped Plate Gets $600 Ticket on Thayer Street
- Multiple Thayer Street Businesses Closed Due to Parking Meters
- Providence Parking Meter War Spreads to Thayer Street
- Thayer Street Business Down 40% Due to Parking Meters, New Data Shows
- Thayer Street Landlords are Playing Monopoly, Says What Cheer’s Daltry
- Johnny Rockets Closing on Thayer Street in Providence Pending Sale
- Robert Whitcomb: Christmas for RI’s Public Unions; Worcester Pitching the PawSox; Thayer St. Churn
- Another Thayer Street Business Closing, Citing Parking