NEW: Cox Business Phone Service Down in Rhode Island
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Cox Communications confirmed that its Cox Business VoiceManager customers are without service. "Cox Business VoiceManager customers are currently experiencing an outage in some of our markets," according to the Alert posted to the communications company's website.
Rhode Island users from restaurants to hospitals are using other forms of social media to spread the news of their downed phone service. Parkside Restaurant in Providence tweeted that they are open but have no phone working. Facebook posts indicated Kent Hospital and Care New England had lost service. Phone calls to all three sites were met with a busy signal.
Those seeking help on this issue may be experiencing "longer hold times" when contacting Cox's Call Centers, according to the company's website.
Cox has posted no word yet as to when it anticipates phone services being restored.
- Cox Pulls Plug on Mobile
- Cox Race features Rhode Island successes
- Cox, Shape Up RI Create New ‘Marathon’ for Kids
- Fourth Annual Cox Providence Rhode Races Kick Off This Weekend
- Top High School Athletes recognized by Cox RI Sports Awards
- Winning Big at 2011 Cox Providence Rhode Races