NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Incentive Program for PCPs
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
“We are very excited about this program,” said Jonathan Leviss, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Rhode Island Quality Institute. “By creating financial incentives for providers who adopt CurrentCare, the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island Incentive Program encourages improved patient care across the state.”
The Advantages of CurrentCare
Providers who use CurrentCare are able to see enrolled patients’ protected health information through a secure electronic network. By increasing access to information such as hospitalizations, lab results, allergies and prescribed medications, providers can improve their patients’ safety and coordination of care. Furthermore, CurrentCare is the first health information exchange in the nation to produce patient hospital encounter notices statewide which alert PCPs of when their patients are admitted to or discharged from the hospital.
“CurrentCare has tremendous advantages for both patients and providers that make care more coordinated, safe and patient-centered,” said Dr. Gus Manocchia, Chief Medical Officer for BCBSRI. “Encouraging the use of CurrentCare is aligned with our efforts to lower costs and improve the overall quality of healthcare services in our state.”
Under the incentive program, eligible providers (those in family practice, pediatrics or internal medicine who are in compliance with BCBSRI’s EHR Payment Policy) may receive up to $10,000 in incentives per practice related to three key areas:
- CurrentCare enrollment –To qualify for incentives, PCP practices must enroll the greater of the following: at least 200 patients per affiliated PCP or enroll a number of patients equivalent to at least 50 percent of their BCBSRI members.
- Use of the CurrentCare Viewer and Hospital Alerts—PCP practices can qualify for additional incentive if at least 75 percent of their staff is trained on the online portal known as CurrentCare Viewer and the practice enables CurrentCare Hospital Alerts.
- Implementation of a Direct Messaging Account—This allows for secure electronic communication between providers who use different electronic medical record systems.
For more information about the CurrentCare Incentive program, including program eligibility, detailed program design and available funding, visit the EHR Funding Support Programs page of http://www.BCBSRI.com, or contact the Physician and Provider Service Center at (401) 274-4848 or 1-800-230-9050.
- Archambault Calls for Forensic Audit of Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Doctors + Patients Disagree On Depression Recovery—RI Hospital
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Lays Off 58 People
- Doctors And Drug Companies: The Other Side Of The Story
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI to Host ‘Nutrition 101’
- NEW: 57 Care New England Docs Named Best Doctors in America 2013
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield Announces Last Call for Medicare Enrollment
- NEW: Local Doctors Donate Building to Family Service of RI
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Healthcare Education Campaign
- NEW: Women & Infants Doctors Named Tops in the Nation—US News
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI To Hold Sun Safety Screenings
- Rhode Island Doctors Adopt Electronic Health Record (EHR) Systems
- NEW: RI Free Clinic Gets $75K From Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Smart Benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Gets Rate Hike Approval