NEW: Best States for Business - Forbes Magazine
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
According to the 6th Annual report issued by Forbes, Utah ranked #1 as a business environment and the New England states rank between #18 and #50.
Business costs rank
Labor supply rank
Regulatory environment rank
Economic climate rank
Growth prospects rank
Quality of life rank
Rhode Island and New England
Rhode Island came in at #48 for best for business scoring ahead of only Hawaii (#49) and Maine (#50). Rhode Island's best scores were for Growth Prospects - where the state ranked #17 and for Quality of Life #18.
According to Forbes, "The worst states for business continue to be dominated by those in the northeast including: New Jersey (No. 44), Vermont (No. 45), Rhode Island (No. 48) and Maine which lands at No. 50 for a second straight year. Maine suffers from energy costs 31% above the national average, stagnant population growth and anemic forecasts when it comes to job and gross state product growth."
Massachusetts ranked #1 for Quality of Life.
Rhode Island ranked #50 for Regulatory environment.
- 2012 Rhode Island Business Plan Competition - Time for a Good Party
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT April 14, 2011 Has Chafee Done Enough to Reach Out to the Business Community?
- Bryant Gets New Dean of Business
- Business Climate in RI Could Get Sunnier, Group Says
- Business Group Endorses ‘Pro-Jobs’ Candidates
- Business Insider - National Business Site Features GoLocalProv
- Business Owners Make Their Case to State Officials
- Cicilline Says Small Businesses Need Access to Credit
- Hasbro CEO talks about the three “R"s of business growth
- How to Save Downtown: Business Leaders Respond
- National Study: RI 45th Business Friendly State
- New Laws Would Streamline Business Regulations