NEW: Alex and Ani’s Rafaelian RI Small Businessperson of the Year
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Rafaelian was evaluated on sustained expansion of the Alex and Ani retail stores, Made in America products, her impact on the community through charitable efforts and the economic impact she has made by creating local, national and international job opportunities. In 2011 alone, through Alex and Ani’s Charity by Design division, Rafaelian personally raised money for over 135 charitable organizations and/or individuals.
Rafaelian: "A blessing and an honor"
“It’s a blessing and an honor to be selected for Rhode Island’s Small Business Person of the Year," Rafaelian said. "A special thank you to Sherri Carrera for the nomination, Mark Hayward and Norm Deragon for delivering the good news and the continued support from the SBA Rhode Island District Office. I truly appreciate the acknowledgement of the accomplishments of my business and I am proud to represent Rhode Island."
For more Business coverage, don't miss GoLocalTV, fresh every day at 4pm and on demand 24/7, here.
- Alex and Ani and Plan International USA Team to Create “Because I Am a Girl”
- NEW: Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Bryant University
- Alex and Ani CEO Speaks at Bryant’s World Trade Day Kickoff Event
- NEW: Alex and Ani Creates Commemorative Bangles for 9/11
- Alex and Ani Named One of Best Places to Work
- Alex and Ani Creates Limited Edition Charms for Newport Festivals
- NEW: Alex and Ani Named One of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies