NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Receive Humanitarian Award
Friday, September 13, 2013
Feroce's Character + Altruism
According to John DeLuca, Executive Director of The Davinci Center, Giovanni Feroce’s character and display of altruism greatly impressed the organization’s board of directors, which determines award recipients each year.
“The work demonstrated by Mr. Feroce is aligned with the work we do here at The Davinci Center, and we are excited to recognize his contributions with this award,” said DeLuca.“We consider Mr. Feroce as a man of integrity. He has demonstrated community-mindedness through his involvement with numerous causes, as well as through his work as leader of his company.”
Said company is Alex and Ani, a Rhode Island-based global manufacturing force that offers eco-friendly, American-made lifestyle products. At the core of Alex and Ani’s mission is the advancement of social impact and change. To that end, the company’s Charity by Design division works with nonprofits to create unique bracelet designs and donates a portion of sales to their charitable partners.
In private life, Feroce’s humanitarian work includes serving as a member of the Executive Leadership Team of the Southern New England Heart Ball 2012-2013, chairing the American Heart Association HeartBall, 2014, and standing as the Technology Sponsor of the 2013 MET Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, among other endeavors.
“We are proud of Giovanni’s distinction,” added Michael Mota, Event Co-Chairperson of the Appreciation Dinner and Vice President of Business Development of Seven Swords Media, a subsidiary of Alex and Ani. “Having the opportunity of working with Giovanni has been a privilege, as his leadership and vision serve as an example for our entire team at Seven Swords Media.”
The DaVinci Center
Founded in 1972, The Davinci Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to improve the quality of life for Rhode Islanders through a broad array of services and neighborhood improvement projects aimed to address the needs of the community. Each year since 2000, The Davinci Center presents the Community Humanitarian Award recognizing individuals who exemplify commitment to community.
DeLuca, one of the original founders of The Davinci Center, indicated that the initial intention behind the organization was to address the then-deteriorating North End neighborhood of Providence. To date, The Davinci Center has served residents from all 39 towns and cities in Rhode Island.
About the Award
“Simply stated, the meaning behind this award is to honor individuals who selflessly work to build healthier and stronger communities,” said DeLuca. “Awardees are those who every member in the community should emulate.”
Prior to Saturday’s Appreciation Dinner, there will be a reception at 6 p.m. For tickets and more information, please visit www.davincicenter.org or call 401-272-7474.
- Alex and Ani Creates Limited Edition Charms for Newport Festivals
- NEW: Alex and Ani “Path Of Life” Book Will Debut March 4
- NEW: Alex and Ani Releases New Bangle to Benefit Women & Infants
- Alex and Ani Founder Buys Belcourt Castle
- NEW: Alex and Ani Creates Commemorative Bangles for 9/11
- NEW: Alex and Ani University TEDx Event Sold Out For Jan. 20
- Alex and Ani Launches Super Bowl Ad
- NEW: Alex and Ani Designer Rafaelian Appears Tonight on “The Boss”
- NEW: Alex and Ani’s Rafaelian RI Small Businessperson of the Year
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce Will Address URI Commencement
- Alex and Ani Opens Pavillion + Lounge At Newport Polo This Weekend
- NEW: Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Bryant University
- NEW: GoGo Cast Launches App With Alex and Ani’s Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Dennis Rebelo and Giovanni Feroce Address Sold-Out TEDx Crowd
- Alex and Ani and Plan International USA Team to Create “Because I Am a Girl”
- NEW: Alex and Ani Donates $1M to Rhode Island College
- NEW: Rhode Island College Unveils New Alex and Ani Hall Art Center
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- Cranston jeweler Alex and Ani takes made-in-USA pride to London
- NEW: Alex and Ani Expands Media Division
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- Don’t Miss: Alex and Ani “Path of Life” Book Signing at Foxwoods
- NEW: Alex and Ani Launches Seven Swords Acquisitions, Partnerships
- Alex and Ani Creates HERO Charm Bangle to Benefit Hasbro
- NEW: $8.95 Million Sale of Sakonnet Vineyards To Alex and Ani Final
- NEW: Alex and Ani Named One of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies