Jonathan Savage: 15 to Watch in RI in 2015
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
The founding partner of Shechtman Halperin Savage LLP, Savage chairs the firm's corporate and business department and the firm's governmental department and serve as Receiver and Special Master, appointed by the Rhode Island Superior court in complex cases including: Landmark Medical Center, The City of Central Falls, LJ Crane & Rigging, Nestor Traffic Systems, Inc., American Biophysics Corporation, and Marathon Construction, Inc.
Now, Savage will play an important oversight role as the airport looks to move forward with runway expansion plans in 2015.
Related Slideshow: 15 to Watch in RI in 2015
Take a look at the 15 for 2015.
Ogie's Trailer Park
The new addition to the West Side drinking-and-dining scene will be one to watch in the coming year.
The bar slash restaurant slash beer garden, which just opened (with a clean inspection bill from the Department of Health) will feature late night fare into the wee hours, for those looking for a midnight snack -- or brew or two.
The head of the Wolf School in East Providence, Anna Johnson is a product -- and success story -- of the best Rhode Island's colleges have to offer. After getting her BA in Psychology from Brown, Johnson went on to get her Master's in Elementary Education at Brown, followed by a Master's in School Administration from Providence College.
Carolyn Thomas-Davis, who heads up OneVoice RI (which bills itself as "mobilizing, empowering and engaging communities throughout the State of Rhode Island...encouraging political awareness and involvement, on all levels of government") was an active force in Providence in 2014, and will no doubt be at the forefront of community issues in 2015.
After losing in 2012 to incumbent Representative William San Bento, Tobon emerged victorious this past election cycle in Pawtucket, besting independent opponent Jonathan Vallecilla with over 80% of the vote to represent the 58th House District in the General Assembly.
There are a lot of changes taking place at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, as it is currently undergoing a major renovation and expansion -- and 2015 will mark the first full year with its new CEO, former world #4 Todd Martin, at the helm.
Individually, they would take up four out of the 15 to Watch list, but we're keeping an eye on the group as a whole. On November 6, the number of women on the Providence City Council increased by 100%. In the span of 24 hours, women on the City Council went from 2 out of 15 members last term, to four of the 15 members this term.
The Hassenfeld Institute for Public leadership at Bryant University provides public officials and others involved in the development, management, and execution of public policy with the "tools and skills needed to make informed decisions and manage responsive organizations in order to govern and lead public sector and non-profit organizations effectively" -- and according to Founder and Director (and GoLocal MINDSETTER) Gary Sasse, is about to step up its presence advising in policy matters in the state.
Since being elected Rhode Island's first female Governor in November, Governor-elect Gina Raimondo has made a number of key staffing announcements leading up to her inauguration on January 6 -- including two staffers from Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley's Administration.
- Air Travel is Getting Complicated and Green Airport has Recommendations
- Do you Support the TSA’s New Airport Security Procedures?
- NEW: Chafee Names Two to Airport Board of Directors
- Paolino Charges: Airport Train Station a $267 Million ‘Boondoggle’
- T.F. Green Airport: Far Cheaper Than Logan
- ‘Interlink’ Opens at TF Green Airport
- Rob Horowitz: Airport Expansion Agreement is a Big Step Forward
- T.F. Green Airport Ranks As One Of America’s Best
- T.F. Green Voted 7th Best Airport in U.S. by Conde Nast Readers
- NEW: T.F. Green Airport Announces Enhancements to Customer Service
- Cape Air Service: Green Airport and Block Island Begins May 22
- RI’s Jet Pull For MS Takes Off This Saturday At TF Green Airport
- NEW: RISCA Wants Local Artists For Airport Exhibits
- NEW: TF Green Airport Ready for RI’s Thanksgiving Travel
- NEW: JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport
- JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport