GoLocal is Hiring - We are Looking for Digital Media Consultants
Sunday, February 09, 2014
GoLocal is growing in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and now to the West Coast. We are looking for smart, digital savvy folks to join our team.
In just three years, GoLocal is Rhode Island's digital news and information source and we are looking to add additional Digital Media Consultants to our team.
We have experienced dramatic growth in both readership and capabilities for advertisers. We offer marketers the ability to leverage our on-site, social, mobile, email and video platforms. Each month we deliver more than 7 million pageviews and more than 1.5 million emails.
"We employ some of the smartest people in media. From Pulitzer Prize winning journalists to icons like John Ghiorse to Board members like the founder of MSNBC.com - we are a company looking to grow in RI and across the country," said Josh Fenton, CEO of GoLocal24.
This opportunity is for the candidate who has a keen understanding of advertising. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for building and managing accounts and providing comprehensive media solutions to regional marketers and high-potential advertisers.
In addition, the Digital Media Consultants will attain results by ensuring that account lists meet or exceed revenue expectations, develop and execute clear sales planning strategies, and provide leadership that is positive and encouraging to the vision and goals of the organization.
More information about the company - www.GoLocal24.com.
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training
- 1-2 years media sales experience OR NOT
- Proven record of success. Ideally managing local direct and agency clients
- Ability to build and manage a pipeline of prospects and new business
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (customers, prospects, key trends)
- Deep and current knowledge and use of social and digital media
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills (both written and oral)
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ideally, experience with SalesForce
- Must have access to a vehicle and valid Driver's license
Experience with social media. (why did we write it twice? Because it matters)
Send your resume to sales@GoLocalProv.com
Rhode Island’s Changing Media Landscape
Radio, print, television and digital- the faces in Rhode Islands's media has changed drastically over the past months... Let's take a look at some of the biggest moves:
After a seven year stint reporting for the Providence Journal's state house bureau, Phil Marcelo left the paper to take a reporting gig with the Boston office of the Associated Press.
Hailing from Long Island, New York, Marcelo came to ProJo in 2006, and covered everything from regional news, to Providence City Hall and the Statehouse. Marcelo's departure was first reported by WRNI's Ian Donnis.
Formerly a nightly news reporter for WJAR, Tremmel was fired from the "Team You Trust" after two clips, one of her performing on-air handstands, and the other offering tips on what to do during a bear attack, went viral.
The video became an internet sensation, but long-time Channel 10 newsman Jim Taricani called Tremmel’s antics “a smudge on our station's reputation.”
A long-time staple of Channel 10’s news team, Taricani announced plans to retire after over three decades with the station.
Taricani has won 5 regional Emmy awards, an Edward R. Murrow award for investigative journalism and a Prestigious Yankee Quill Award from the New England Newspaper Association.
He was convicted to six months in prison in 2004 for refusing to reveal a source, and is the youngest person ever to be inducted into the Rhode Island Hall of Fame.
Ron St. Pierre
- BIA/Kelsey Names GoLocal24 Future Star in Local Digital Media
- GoGo Cast Partners with GoLocal24 for Content on Go-Screens in Southeastern N.E.
- GoLocal24 Announces Expansion to Portland, Oregon
- GoLocal24 Closes Round of Financing Led by Angel St. Capital: GoLocalProv.com Parent Company
- GoLocal24 Closes Second Round of Financing Led by Cork Media and Angel Street Capital
- Leading Media Strategist Merrill Brown Joins GoLocal24 Board