Feroce’s Newport Mansion Sold at Auction for $4.175 Million, SEE Interview on GoLocal LIVE
Thursday, September 28, 2017
SEE SLIDESHOW OF WYNDHAM ESTATE BELOW
Feroce tells GoLocal he is completely focused on building his apparel and watch company.
Feroce, the former CEO of Alex and Ani and now the CEO of BENRUS, purchased the house just a few months before leaving Alex and Ani in March of 2014.
He purchased Wyndham Estate in January of 2014 — it is one of the most coveted Newport mansions. He paid $6.8 million dollars in cash and later took out a mortgage to help finance BENRUS.
Feroce, who grew up in West Warwick in a three decker, was not the first controversial owner of the house.
The mansion was built for Rose Anne Grosvenor, a philanthropist from Providence. Another previous owner of note was former New England Patriots' owner James Busch Orthwien. He was chairman of one of the country's largest advertising agencies and a major shareholder in Anheuser Busch.
Boasting 12,175 square feet and three floors of living space on 11.72 acres of property, Wyndham Estate sits atop the highest point of Newport.
Seven bedrooms, seven bathrooms, nine fireplaces, tiger oak hardwood and white Carera marble floors, a brand new 456,000 BTU Buderus G315 boiler, library, grand ballroom, home theatre and manmade pond with a three tier waterfall are among the unique amenities.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story was originally publish on September 27, 2017. The interview on GoLocal LIVE was broadcast on Wednesday afternoon and the story was updated.
Related Slideshow: Newport’s Wyndham Estate in Photos
Constructed in 1890, Wyndham Estate is a 2 1/2 story ashlar stone Baronial home designed by architect William Ralph Emerson, cousin of Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Wyndham Estate celebrates its 125th anniversary next year. The mansion was designed and built for its original owner, Rose Anne Grosvenor, a philanthropist from Providence.
Room to Grow
The home boasts 12,175 square feet of living space, with 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, and 9 fireplaces, on nearly 12 acres of property.
With a spacious Master Bedroom, large circular Turret and East bedrooms, plus four guest bedrooms; hosting overnight guests is never likely to be problematic in this mansion.
* Master Bedroom - 22'8" by 14'
* Turret Bedroom - 17'10" circular
* East Bedroom - 17'2" by 17'5"
* Guest Bedroom - 12'4" by 11'6"
* Guest Bedroom - 18'6" by 14'10"
* Guest Bedroom - 11'3" by 11'3"
* Guest Bedroom - 12'5" by 8'2"
Wyndham Estate lies in the heart of Newport, only one half mile from both the New York Yacht Club and Newport Country Club, and one mile from Fort Adams State Park.
Whether it is a wedding, holiday party, or family function, Wyndham Estate's 1200 square foot Grand Ballroom makes for a perfect space for entertaining guests.
Outfitted with beautiful artwork and a grand piano, the mansion's music room is a great place to hide away and tickle the ivories. In fact, at 475 square feet, you could probably fit most of an orchestra in this room.
On Top of the World
(Or top of the island, at least)
Wyndham Estate sits atop the highest point of Newport - and has the views to prove it.
Wyndham Estate boasts a large 320 square foot kitchen (with service area) on the first level, making for great dinner parties. There is an additional galley kitchen on the home's top level.
The large, 11.76 acre property is well-manicured with several custom landscaping features including at three-tier waterfall with a private sitting area, and a manmade pond
With 2 1/2 bathrooms on the first floor, and 4 on the second level, finding a place to quickly powder your nose will rarely be an issue.
If you are looking for a quiet place to read or study, the mansion features a home library...try not to become distracted by the view.
Perfect for summertime entertainment, the mansion features a 47' by 27' open air observation deck with stunning views.
What better way to relax after a long day than climbing up to the 18' circular roof top hot tub?
Attention to Detail
When William Ralph Emerson designed Wyndham Estate, no detail was spared, evidenced by the intricate wood-carved moldings found throughout the mansion.
Wyndham Estate underwent major renovation and restoration a few years ago, but much of the much of the home's original essence remains intact.
More like live-in closet!
At 12'10" by11'10", the closet attached to the Master Bedroom is bigger than many bedrooms... no need to trim down your wardrobe here!
The mansion's Grand Staircase allows one to enter the room with style. There is also a separate servant's staircase to access the second floor.
Just off the Grand Ballroom sits the home's formal dining room, perfect for intimate dinners.
Wyndham Estate is comprised of three separate lots of record, with the mansion itself sitting on Lot B (4.05 Acres). Lots A and C are each just under 4 acres apiece.
There is little better on a cold New England winter night than cozying up to a warm fire. Wyndham Estate, has 9 different fireplaces to choose from.
Newport is known for its landscape of mansions spanning from Ocean Drive to Bellevue Avenue. From Rosecliff to Vanderbilt's The Breakers, and dozens in-between, Newport has a rich history of wealth, and the lifestyle that comes with it.
Want to experience a different view of the Newport Mansions? Try the Newport Cliff Walk. The 3.5 mile long public access pathway pairs the beauty of the Newport coastline with some of the island's historic mansions -- including Beechwood, Rosecliff, Marble House, The Breakers, Ochre Court, and Rough Point
- Feroce Launches BENRUS Watch Company - Will He Be the Comeback Kid?
- Giovanni Feroce Appointed Chairman of Rare Disease United Foundation
- Giovanni Feroce and BENRUS - What it Means for RI
- BENRUS CEO Feroce Delivers “How to Achieve Exponential Growth” Speech at Business Expo
- RI PowerPlayer: Giovanni Feroce
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Receive Humanitarian Award
- Inc Taps 16 in RI for Fastest Growing: Feroce CEO’s Two on List
- NEW: Dennis Rebelo and Giovanni Feroce Address Sold-Out TEDx Crowd
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce Will Address URI Commencement
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- BENRUS’ Feroce Joins World War II Foundation’s Board of Directors
- GoLocalTV: BENRUS CEO Feroce on GoLocal’s 50 Wealthiest and Most Influential 2015
- Providence Journal and Feroce Lawyers Battle Over Errors in Article and Corrections Promised
- EXCLUSIVE: Feroce Cuts a Big Deal for BENRUS
- Feroce Says BENRUS is an Insurgent, Now Ready to Disrupt Fashion
- Feroce From RGA Meeting Says, “You Need Leadership, Not Policy Papers”
- Moore: Feroce Destroys Raimondo’s Economic Strategy
- Feroce Say Raimondo’s Economic Subsidies are “Nonsense”
- Feroce is Selling Newport Mansion and Land for $12 million and Investing in BENRUS
- EXCLUSIVE: Feroce Looks at GOP Run for Governor in 2018
- Feroce’s BENRUS in Legal Brawl Over Millions
- Thursday - GoLocal LIVE Features Interviews with Feroce, Chafee, Read and Whitcomb
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Feroce: How to Make Decisions & The Cost of Capital