Feroce’s Newport Mansion Sold at Auction for $4.175 Million, SEE Interview on GoLocal LIVE
Thursday, September 28, 2017
SEE SLIDESHOW OF WYNDHAM ESTATE BELOW
Feroce tells GoLocal he is completely focused on building his apparel and watch company.
Feroce, the former CEO of Alex and Ani and now the CEO of BENRUS, purchased the house just a few months before leaving Alex and Ani in March of 2014.
He purchased Wyndham Estate in January of 2014 — it is one of the most coveted Newport mansions. He paid $6.8 million dollars in cash and later took out a mortgage to help finance BENRUS.
Feroce, who grew up in West Warwick in a three decker, was not the first controversial owner of the house.
The mansion was built for Rose Anne Grosvenor, a philanthropist from Providence. Another previous owner of note was former New England Patriots' owner James Busch Orthwien. He was chairman of one of the country's largest advertising agencies and a major shareholder in Anheuser Busch.
Boasting 12,175 square feet and three floors of living space on 11.72 acres of property, Wyndham Estate sits atop the highest point of Newport.
Seven bedrooms, seven bathrooms, nine fireplaces, tiger oak hardwood and white Carera marble floors, a brand new 456,000 BTU Buderus G315 boiler, library, grand ballroom, home theatre and manmade pond with a three tier waterfall are among the unique amenities.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story was originally publish on September 27, 2017. The interview on GoLocal LIVE was broadcast on Wednesday afternoon and the story was updated.
Related Slideshow: Newport’s Wyndham Estate in Photos
With a spacious Master Bedroom, large circular Turret and East bedrooms, plus four guest bedrooms; hosting overnight guests is never likely to be problematic in this mansion.
* Master Bedroom - 22'8" by 14'
* Turret Bedroom - 17'10" circular
* East Bedroom - 17'2" by 17'5"
* Guest Bedroom - 12'4" by 11'6"
* Guest Bedroom - 18'6" by 14'10"
* Guest Bedroom - 11'3" by 11'3"
* Guest Bedroom - 12'5" by 8'2"
Want to experience a different view of the Newport Mansions? Try the Newport Cliff Walk. The 3.5 mile long public access pathway pairs the beauty of the Newport coastline with some of the island's historic mansions -- including Beechwood, Rosecliff, Marble House, The Breakers, Ochre Court, and Rough Point
- Feroce Launches BENRUS Watch Company - Will He Be the Comeback Kid?
- Giovanni Feroce Appointed Chairman of Rare Disease United Foundation
- Giovanni Feroce and BENRUS - What it Means for RI
- BENRUS CEO Feroce Delivers “How to Achieve Exponential Growth” Speech at Business Expo
- RI PowerPlayer: Giovanni Feroce
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Receive Humanitarian Award
- Inc Taps 16 in RI for Fastest Growing: Feroce CEO’s Two on List
- NEW: Dennis Rebelo and Giovanni Feroce Address Sold-Out TEDx Crowd
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce Launches Seven Swords Media
- NEW: Alex and Ani CEO Giovanni Feroce Will Address URI Commencement
- Alex and Ani CEO Feroce to Address RI College Commencement
- BENRUS’ Feroce Joins World War II Foundation’s Board of Directors
- GoLocalTV: BENRUS CEO Feroce on GoLocal’s 50 Wealthiest and Most Influential 2015
- Providence Journal and Feroce Lawyers Battle Over Errors in Article and Corrections Promised
- EXCLUSIVE: Feroce Cuts a Big Deal for BENRUS
- Feroce Says BENRUS is an Insurgent, Now Ready to Disrupt Fashion
- Feroce From RGA Meeting Says, “You Need Leadership, Not Policy Papers”
- Moore: Feroce Destroys Raimondo’s Economic Strategy
- Feroce Say Raimondo’s Economic Subsidies are “Nonsense”
- Feroce is Selling Newport Mansion and Land for $12 million and Investing in BENRUS
- EXCLUSIVE: Feroce Looks at GOP Run for Governor in 2018
- Feroce’s BENRUS in Legal Brawl Over Millions
- Thursday - GoLocal LIVE Features Interviews with Feroce, Chafee, Read and Whitcomb
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Feroce: How to Make Decisions & The Cost of Capital