Fastest Growing Jobs — RI’s Pays $35,000, MA’s Pays $95,000 and CT’s $113,000
Monday, July 09, 2018
The fastest growing job in Rhode Island is a fiberglass manufacturer with an average salary of $34,900 and is growing at a 12 percent growth rate. The job is below the actual living wage needed to live in Rhode Island of $54,457 for one adult and one child, according to the Living Wage calculator at MIT.
In contrast, the fastest growing job in Massachusetts is statistician which has a $99,500 average pay and is growing at a 10 percent rate.
And, Connecticut’s fastest growing job pays three times Rhode Island’s — in Connecticut the fastest growing job is an aerospace engineer paying $113,040 and realizing a 9 percent growth rate.
The data was prepared by Money magazine.
- RI Loses 200 Jobs in January, Fung Blasts Raimondo’s Performance
- RI Adds 1,200 Jobs in February, Unemployment Rate Stays at 4.5%
- Partners, Proposed Purchaser of Care New England in RI, Is Outsourcing High Tech Jobs to India
- RI Commerce’s Pryor Concerned About RI Job Loss if Partners Buys Care New England
- RI Loses 500 Jobs in March
- Amazon Is Slashing Jobs at Whole Foods in New England Region
- Virgin Pulse Announces Major Merger with RedBrick Health - Could Drive More Jobs in RI
- NEW: RI Adds 900 Jobs in April
- Brookings Survey Finds Concern About AI Impact on Jobs - See The Results
- Deepwater Announces $250 Million Investment and Hundreds in New Jobs in RI
- Sasse Says Downtown Development is a Bust for Creating Permanent Jobs
- West: Will Robots & AI Take Your Job? The Economic & Political Consequences of Automation
- MA Gained 4,700 Jobs in March
- NEW: RI Adds 1,200 Jobs in May
- Raimondo Picks & Chooses Jobs Numbers - Claims Improvement As RI Loses 500 Jobs