EG’s Main Street Featured on MSNBC for Small Business Saturday
Thursday, November 28, 2013
MSNBC’s Your Business, is gearing up for what local business owners expect to be a promising start to the holiday season this Saturday.
In promotion of Small Business Saturday, which is this Saturday, MSNBC dedicated an entire segment to Main Street featuring many of the area’s shop owners—all of which noted the growth of businesses along Main Street, the interesting mix of stores, and the support of the local community.
“We’re excited and honored,” said Stephen Lombardi, executive director of the East Greenwich Chamber of Commerce. “To be featured among the nation’s most welcoming Main Streets is a tribute to the eclectic
array of businesses along what is truly a traditional New England small business district.”
So what attracted MSNBC to East Greenwich in the first place? According to Lombardi, it's the area’s diverse assortment of shops and eateries.
“With businesses, from a cobbler and calligrapher to high end jewelry and fashion, our history dating back nearly three centuries, and a vibrant restaurant scene all helped bring MSNBC to East Greenwich and Rhode
Island,” Lombardi added.
Several merchants have announced special Small Business Saturday promotions and are offering special hospitality, a trademark of the town’s very successful Main Street Strolls, which attract thousands to the community throughout the summer and at special times during the holiday season.
For more information about Small Business Saturday visit the chamber’s website at www.eastgreenwichchamber.com.
Small Business Saturday
Now in its third year, Small Business Saturday is an American shopping holiday meant to serve as a counterpart to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which are typically dominated by big box retailers and e-commerce stores.
East Greenwich's Main Street as featured on Your Business
- NEW: $13.1M in Federal Funding for Small Business Growth
- NEW: Reed: Promotes Free Web Help for RI Small Businesses
- NEW: Alex and Ani’s Rafaelian RI Small Businessperson of the Year
- NEW: Senator Reed Touts “Small Business Saturday”
- NEW: Chafee to Host Small Business Forums
- NEW: Small Business Energy Task Force Report Released
- NEW: Cicilline Launches Online Tool For Small Businesses
- RI Ranked 50th for Small Businesses
- NEW: Cicilline Praises “Small Business Saturday”
- NEW: Governor Chafee to Celebrate Expansion of Small Business in East Providence
- NEW: Last Chance for Small Business Workshops
- NEW: Reed Seeks Tax Breaks for Small Business Investment, Hiring