video: Cranes Arrive at ProvPort: $20 Million Project a Reality
Tuesday, June 04, 2013
The effort to enhance ProvPort and grow Rhode Island's economy through imports and exports took a major step forward with the arrival of two mobile marine cranes funded through $20 plus million in federal and private financing.
The grant secured by U.S. Senator Jack Reed with support from Congressman David Cicilline and U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse under the TIGER II federal grant program provided $10.7 million in financing which was matched by more $10 million in financing provided by the not-for-profit ProvPort - operator of the Port of Providence.
The cranes arrived on Monday - see the video.
Editor's note: One of the founders of GoLocalProv has been a paid consultant to ProvPort.
- NEW: State Takes Lead on ProvPort Project
- ProvPort Gets $10.5M Federal Grant
- RI Political Leaders: $10.5 Million Grant for ProvPort Will Boost Jobs
- Two New Mobile Cranes Coming to ProvPort
- City of Providence, Northwest Woolen Mills and ProvPort team up to help Gulf Spill
- NEW: EDC & ProvPort Bring Two Upgraded Mobile Cranes to Port of Providence