Care New England Names Two to Philanthropy Posts
Monday, February 10, 2014
The new senior vice president of Philanthropy and Governance for Care New England will be Karen A. Davie of Providence, who most recently served in a similar post for Women & Infants.
Davie’s career experience includes serving as chief operating officer and acting president and CEO of United Way of America; president of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the National Hospice Foundation; and the founding executive of the Bath Community Hospital Foundation (a 25-bed critical access hospital in Hot Springs, VA). Davie is a member of The Advisory Board Company’s Philanthropy Leadership Council. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Rhode Island College and a masters in social work from the University of Connecticut.
According to Davie, the integrated philanthropy department will improve communication with donors and allow for better stewardship of those whose support is so vital to the work of the individual hospitals and the VNA. For more information about gift opportunities to Care New England, its hospitals and its VNA, please call (401) 274-1122, extension 42020 or visit carenewengland.org.
Related Slideshow: Check Out The Grades: Rhode Island Hospitals Report Card
A recent survey released by The Leapfrog Group assigns a Hospital Safety Score, using the report card system of A to F to each of the hospitals in Rhode Island. These grades are based on expert analysis of injuries, infections and errors that cause harm or death during a hospital stay.
Let's see how each of Rhode Island's hospitals were graded from highest to lowest:
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Italian Style Beans
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Shrimp Primavera
- 13 Biggest Healthcare Stories in RI in 2013
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Kale + Farro Chicken Salad
- Chafee’s Budget: Healthcare and Social Services
- Julia Steiny: It Takes Guts to Depict a Happy, Healthy Childhood
- Fit for Life: Do You Have to Be Wealthy to Be Healthy?
- NEW: HEALTH Declares Flu Widespread in RI
- Guest MINDSETTER Dr. Michael Fine: 14 Ways to Stay Healthy in ‘14
- Lt. Gov. Roberts Announces State Health Care Innovation Plan
- HEALTH Organizes Community Clinics for Influenza Immunization
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Eggplant Caponata