Breaking: North Providence Town Council Member and Radio Personality are Indicted by Feds
Thursday, November 18, 2010
The North Providence Town Council scandal widens - and now a Providence radio personality has a connection to one of the alleged key players according to authorities. Lite 105 DJ, Tanya Cruise is accused, along with three other people, of trying to defraud an insurance company. The indictment, returned today, accuses former Councilman John Zambarano and Cruise of causing intentional damage to a home and swimming pool.
Federal prosecutors say a bogus insurance claim was filed. The Associated Press reports that 4-people, including Cruise, lied about the damage and said it was caused by the record-setting rain and flooding last spring. A check of the Lite 105 website shows that Cruise is the mid-day host from 10am till 3pm. Cruise formerly hosted a show on 92-Pro Fm. Attempts to reach Cruise for comment have been unsuccessful.
It is unclear at this point if Cruise will be on the air tomorrow for her shift. GoLocal has reached out to Citadel Communications, which owns Lite 105, for comment, but has not yet received a response.
Jeff Derderian is a former television news reporter and anchor both in Providence and Boston. He is one of the founders of the Station Education Fund. He can be reached at [email protected]
- Former North Providence Councilman Indicted for Extortion
- BREAKING NEWS: Third North Providence Councilor Steps Down
- New Charges Against Former North Providence Town Councilmen
- North Providence: Meeting Minutes ‘Fell Through the Cracks’
- Three North Providence Councilors Indicted for Bribery
- UPDATE: Three North Providence Councilors Accused of Accepting Bribes