Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island Welcomes Two New Executives
Monday, July 14, 2014
Melissa Cummings has joined BCBSRI to become the new Chief Marketing and Sales Officer and Richard “Dick” Kropp, EdD, has assumed the role of Chief Human Resources Officer.
“At a time when it is more important than ever to educate and engage our members and the larger Rhode Island community around healthcare issues, we are confident that Melissa, with her strong experience in the healthcare field, will bring the creativity, savvy and marketplace knowledge necessary to succeed in this role,” said Peter Andruszkiewicz, President and Chief Executive Officer at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
Ms. Cummings is a native Rhode Islander and joins the staff from Aetna, where she most recently lead their national product organization supporting individual, small group, and middle market businesses.
Ms. Cummings currently serves on the Board of Directors for the University of Connecticut’s Center for Healthcare and Insurance Studies, and serves as an alumni representative for the College of the Holy Cross. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Holy Cross and an MBA in Health Care Management from the University of Connecticut.
Dr. Kropp’s human resources career spans three decades and he most recently served as Head of Human Resources for Lourdes Health System in Camden, New Jersey where he lead all HR functions including talent management and succession planning, compensation and benefits, employee health, labor and employee relations, and workers compensation.
Dr. Kropp has a Master’s Degree in Human Resources from Boston University, and Doctoral Degree in Humanistic Psychology from Boston University. He has also co-authored several books on human resource including Human Resource Planning and Development in Healthcare, Performance Management and Collaborative Leadership and Communicating in the Business Environment.
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield To Offer Free Blood Pressure Screenings
- NEW: Hasbro to Open New Location at Old Blue Cross Building
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI Names First Diversity Officer
- Blue Cross’ ‘Lifestyle Blue’ Plan a Great Fit for Small Business
- NEW: Blue Cross Fined $250k for Engaging in Improper Rating and Underwriting Practices
- NEW: Blue Cross Raises Rates on Businesses
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI Names New President
- Archambault Calls for Forensic Audit of Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI to Host ‘Nutrition 101’
- Kilmartin Opposes Blue Cross Rate Increases
- Smart Benefits: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Gets Rate Hike Approval
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI To Hold Sun Safety Screenings
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Healthcare Education Campaign
- Russ Moore: Who Wins + Who Pays In RI’s $20M Blue Cross Settlement
- Central Falls Public School Receives $75,000 Grant from Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- NEW: Landmark Hospital Sues Blue Cross
- NEW: RI Free Clinic Gets $75K From Blue Cross Blue Shield
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield Announces Last Call for Medicare Enrollment
- NEW: RI Blue Cross Blue Shield Awards Clinica Esperanza $50,000
- Blue Cross + Blue Shield RI’s Statewide Community Day of Service
- NEW: RI Blue Cross & Blue Shield Launches Bundle Payment Program
- NEW: RI Blue Cross & Blue Shield to Open Retail Store in Warwick
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI Scores High in LGBT Equality
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI to Hold Free Sun Safety Screening
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Incentive Program for PCPs