BIF Scores Million Dollar Grant from NY’s Carnegie Corporation
Thursday, July 06, 2017
Business Innovation Factory has landed a $1 million grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York to "help integrate the many fragmented innovation solutions, tools, and approaches being tried across the U.S. education system in order to transform student experience and produce better student outcomes."
The grant is another big win for BIF and Saul Kaplan, Founder and Chief Catalyst. Kaplan, appears weekly on GoLocal LIVE's Business Monday.
The Carnegie Corporation is lead by former Brown University President, Vartan Gregorian.
“I could not be more proud of the BIF Student Experience Lab team and its work with the Corporation to enable collaboration across the education sector to improve the student experience and learning outcomes,” BIF Founder and Chief Catalyst Saul Kaplan says. “There are plenty of well-intended innovation efforts and new technologies aimed at transforming our education system, but point solutions fall short when they aren’t integrated into next practices and new education models designed with student experience as a foundation. We face a systems challenge that will only be solved with systems solutions. I’m deeply grateful to the philanthropic foundation for its support of this important work.”
The grant will enable BIF to organize and facilitate an Integration Design Consortium, a learning network comprised of leading education consulting and design organizations, formed by the Corporation.
Carnegie Corporation of New York is a philanthropic foundation created by Andrew Carnegie in 1911 to promote “advancement and diffusion of knowledge and understanding.”
- Saul Kaplan: You Don’t Have to Go to a Conference to Enjoy It
- Saul Kaplan: The Human Side of Innovation
- Brown Grad Andrew Kaplan Awarded Rhodes Scholarship
- Saul Kaplan: So Many Corporate Innovation Labs, So Little Innovation
- Saul Kaplan: Topics Are Overrated!
- Saul Kaplan: The Future of Work
- Saul Kaplan: Reinvention As A Life Skill
- Saul Kaplan: Stop Treating Business Model Innovation As Change Management
- Saul Kaplan: Where Have All The Corporate Stories Gone?
- Saul Kaplan: Emerging Tech Is Society’s Shadow Future
- Saul Kaplan: Welcome To #BIF2015!
- Kaplan: Welcome To #BIF2016
- Saul Kaplan: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Goodness
- BIF’s Kaplan on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday Looks at Uber’s Controversial CEO
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan on Why Failing is the Key to Success When Reinventing
- Kaplan: Innovation Lessons From Michelangelo
- Kaplan & Dand: Converting Emerging Tech Into Next Practices
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan on Amazon and Whole Foods Merger and Impact on RI
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan Says Its Time to Rethink Parking, Transportation, and Commuting
- Saul Kaplan: “The Innovator” Discusses How RI Can Transform Its Attitude and Performance
- Kaplan: Next Practices vs. Best Practices
- LIVE: Saul Kaplan Talks the Innovation of RI Government Tech
- LIVE: Kaplan Talks About the Potential to Innovate RI’s Economy Via the Colleges
- Kaplan: Three Things Are Changing: 1) The Market 2) BIF 3) Me
- Mr. Innovation Saul Kaplan Say RI Could Be America’s Laboratory for Change