Azores Airlines to Offer Nonstop Flights to Azores From T.F. Green This Summer
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Azores Airlines announced that is will resume its nonstop service this summer from T.F. Green Airport to Ponta Delgada, Azores.
The flights will run on Fridays from June 8 through September 28, 2018.
Tickets are on sale now, with fares starting at $572 + taxes for a round-trip.
“As this is a very popular route for Rhode Islanders, we are very pleased they will be able to travel on new airplanes that offer greater accommodations and amenities. The Azores is a great destination and we would encourage regional travelers to travel abroad this summer,” said Iftikhar Ahmad, president, and CEO of the Rhode Island Airport Corporation.
Azores Airlines will offer this summer’s service on its new fleet of A321NEO aircraft.
The A321NEO carries up to 186 passengers. With the widest single-aisle cabin on the market, every flight will offer modern comfort in every class.
The new aircraft cabin offers a modern design, a new air purifier with filters and light-emitting diodes for ambiance lighting.
The new aircraft also offers larger luggage storage as well.
Visit The Azores
The closest point to Europe from the United States, the Azores are an autonomous region of Portugal, and just four hours by plane from Rhode Island.
The islands are well known for eco-tourism, golf, and European cuisine.
A variety of hiking trails from light to intermediate will marvel those who enjoy hitting the trail.
Related Slideshow: New Direct Flights from T.F. Green Globally - Updated July, 2018
Providence to Ponta Delgada, Azores (Runs on Fridays from June 8 Through September 28)
- NEW: TF Green Airport Ready for RI’s Thanksgiving Travel
- NEW: JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport
- JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport
- Don’t Miss ‘Jet Pull’ at TF Green for Multiple Sclerosis
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT - TF Green Renovations Pt. 2
- ‘Interlink’ Opens at TF Green Airport
- REPORTS: Jet Blue Coming to TF Green
- White’s LOOKOUT RI: TF Green Expansion May Fuel Europe Connection
- RI’s Jet Pull For MS Takes Off This Saturday At TF Green Airport
- Frontier Airlines is Coming to TF Green, Another Big Win for RI Airport
- Frontier Airlines Expanding TF Green Service to Six More Cities—$39 Fares
- VIDEO: Frontier Airlines Begins Flights at TF Green Airport—Eight Direct Flights
- FAA Has Approved Norwegian Air for TF Green, $69 Fare to Ireland One Step Closer
- Robert Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Shrinking New England, TF Green Spark & Banking with Trump
- TF Green Airport Announces Addition of 2 American Airlines Flights to Chicago
- TF Green’s Passenger Count Increases 21% Year Over Year