Aquidneck Land Trust Wins Outstanding Achievement Award From Newport Chamber
Tuesday, November 08, 2011
“The economic health of our community is integrally woven into our quality of life and quality of place,” said Jody J. Sullivan, Executive Director of the Newport County Chamber of Commerce. “The Aquidneck Land Trust has been a formidable force in preserving our open space and quality of place – especially important on an island with limited space and resources.”
The Annual Dinner Dance and Silent Auction will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel & Spa on Goat Island in Newport. The Auction will take place from 6 to 10 p.m., and include an array of donated gifts including Trinity Rep tickets, $75 to a Providence restaurant, boat charters, spa treatments, various getaways and two Celtics tickets in the owner’s box and dinner following the game.
Cocktails will be served from 6-7:30 p.m., followed by a surf & turf dinner and dancing until 11 pm. Rick Lataille will DJ the event and the hotel is offering a special room rate of $99 for guests.
Tickets cost $65 per person, or $600 for a table of ten.
- NEW: Newport Chamber Picks New Executive Director
- NEW: Newport Chamber to Host Info Session on Chafee’s Budget
- Newport Chamber is Not Slowing Down in the Holiday Season
- Newport Chamber offers Programs to Jump Start Your Business in the New Year
- Grow Local: Aquidneck Lobster Co.
- From Three High Schools to One: Regionalizing Aquidneck?
- Best Community #10: Aquidneck’s Best
- “Race and Class” Blocks Aquidneck School Regionalization
- New Rivers’ Outstanding in the Field Dinner at Aquidneck Farm
- Paiva Weed Calls For DMV for Aquidneck Island