Another New Airline for RI: Air Canada to Fly Direct From T.F. Green To Toronto
Thursday, November 30, 2017
The announcement came at a press conference at the airport led by Governor Gina Raimondo, Airport Corporation Chair Jonathan Savage, and Airport CEO Iftikhar Ahmad.
WATCH THE VIDEO OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW
This announcement is just the latest in a series of big wins for Green.
SEE THE FULL LIST BELOW
In the past year, Green has more than doubled the number of direct flights and now flies direct to Europe, the Caribbean, and now Canada.
Air Canada previously flew from Green, but left. Today's announcement was part of a national rollout for Air Canada.
"We continue to strategically expand our already extensive North American transborder network to offer the only services from Canada to Sacramento, Omaha, Providence, and flights from additional Canadian airports to Baltimore, Pittsburgh and San Francisco," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada. "As the largest foreign carrier serving the USA, we are pleased to offer customers even more non-stop travel choices between Canada and the US, as well as the ability to conveniently connect onward through our extensive global network at our Canadian hubs on North America's Best Airline as rated by Skytrax."
Related Slideshow: New Direct Flights from T.F. Green Globally - Updated March, 2018
- Frontier Airlines is Coming to TF Green, Another Big Win for RI Airport
- Head of Cork, Ireland Airport Talks International Flights from T.F. Green on GoLocal LIVE
- Langevin Flips and Now Supports Airport’s Position on Norwegian Air in Rhode Island
- NEW: Reports of 5 Dead, Multiple Injured in Shooting at Ft. Lauderdale Airport
- Landing Frontier Airlines “Really Big Win for RI,” Says RI Airport Corp Chief Ahmad
- T.F. Green Airport is Transforming - See The New Places You Can Now Fly Direct
- Robert Whitcomb: A Failure to Communicate, NRA, Green International Airport, and More
- Green Airport to Provide Service to the Azores
- Green Airport - Easy
- Artists Announced for 2017 Airport Gallery Exhibitions
- VIDEO: Frontier Airlines Begins Flights at TF Green Airport—Eight Direct Flights
- RI Airport’s CEO Ahmad Discusses the Growth of the Airport on GoLocal LIVE
- Growth at T.F. Green Airport Drives Second Major Job Fair—Sept 21
- RI Leaders, Airport Officials Celebrate T.F. Green Runway Extension Completion
- Warwick Council Votes to Expand T.F. Green Runway
- NEW: T.F. Greene, RIPTA Cancelling Service in Anticipation of Storm
- T.F. Green Airport Ranks As One Of America’s Best
- NEW: T.F. Green Airport Announces Enhancements to Customer Service
- NEW: Officials Call for Extended Runway at T.F. Green
- City Withheld Key Information on T.F. Green Expansion
- T.F. Green Airport: Far Cheaper Than Logan
- T.F. Green to Boston: New Train vs. Car
- NEW: Jet Runs Off Runway At T.F. Green
- PODCAST: City Withheld Key Information on T.F. Green Expansion
- T.F. Green Voted 7th Best Airport in U.S. by Conde Nast Readers
- Homeland Security Test at T.F. Green Opposed by RI ACLU
- VIDEO: Allegiant Coming to T.F. Green, Third Major Announcement in 3 Weeks
- Patriots Become First NFL Team with Private Planes, Will Fly Out of T.F. Green
- Norwegian Adds More Direct Flights at T.F. Green to Europe
- T.F. Green Announces New Route to Cancun
- T.F. Green Ranked 3rd Best Airport in Country
- T.F. Green Airport to Hold Emergency Preparedness Exercise on Thursday
- Can T.F. Green Jump Start the RI Economy?
- BREAKING: Norwegian Air Expands Service To Norway Direct From T.F. Green