Leading Media Strategist Merrill Brown Joins GoLocal24 Board
Thursday, September 13, 2012
“GoLocal24 is unique, representing the next-generation of local news. GoLocal24 stands out in that it a rare example of a local news site that is both consistently leading their markets with high value enterprise journalism and at the same time building strong revenues and monetize their sites,” Brown said.
Today, Brown serves as Director of the School of Communication and Media at Montclair State University, is a strategic consultant and is an advisor and board member at a host of successful digital media enterprises.
GoLocal24 operates local news content sites in two markets — Providence, RI and Central Massachusetts. Both sites have realized rapid growth. GoLocalProv.com has grown by more than 500% in the past 12 months to now more than 2.5 million pageviews per month. The recently launched GoLocalWorcester.com exceeded 1 million pageviews in July.
“Merrill’s addition to the board is another milestone for GoLocal24 and further validates our model. He has a track record of building great media companies and we are excited about his addition to our team,” said Josh Fenton, Co-Founder and CEO of GoLocal24.
In recent weeks, GoLocal’s content has been picked up by Politico, Huffington Post, CBS Radio, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Clear Channel, Deadspin, Cumulus, Entercom’s WEEI, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Providence Journal, and dozens of other news organizations.
“We are seeing unprecedented growth and behavioral change by readers and viewers. The GoLocal brand is becoming a principal source of news and we are seeing national news organizations as well as local TV and radio, depend on GoLocal’s reporting,” said Fenton said.
Learn more about GoLocal24 www.golocal24.com
- GoLocal24 Closes Round of Financing Led by Angel St. Capital: GoLocalProv.com Parent Company
- Business Insider - National Business Site Features GoLocalProv
- UPDATED GoLocalProv to Go on Sirius Radio Tomorrow
- What’s It Like to Intern at GoLocalProv?
- GoGo Cast Partners with GoLocal24 for Content on Go-Screens in Southeastern N.E.
- RI Monthly Names GoLocalProv.com Best Website in RI
- GoLocal24 Closes Second Round of Financing Led by Cork Media and Angel Street Capital