Effort to Rebuild RI Needs Your Input – Risurgence Moves Forward
Friday, September 07, 2012
Starting today, the Rhode Island Foundation is holding its two day “Making it Happen” summit. It is estimated that more than 320 people have signed up to participate and the location of the event has shifted to the RI Convention Center.
“There is much happening on the Economic Development front in the next several weeks. There has also been some recent opinion pieces and public discussions in the media on possible guiding principles for a new economic development system in RI, many of which have come from our RIsurgence.com discussions,” Marcel Valois, co-founder of RIsurgence.
“We have been running three new challenge questions over the past few weeks around the topics of Manufacturing, Urban Jobs and New Governance Models… some good thoughts and ideas have emerged,” said Valois.
In addition, the Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council is expected to bring forward their report to Governor Lincoln Chafee in the month of September.
“We will be monitoring the results of the RI Foundation forum and hope to use some of the more popular ideas that come out of the session as future challenge questions on RIsurgence.com,” said Valois.
- Leaders Launch Inclusive Effort to Rebuild the State - RIsurgence
- 10 Years Ago RI Businesses Were Optimistic About the RI Economy
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT, RI’s Economy
- Betaspring Demo Day: A Glimpse At Rebuilding RI’s Economy
- Bill Delahunt: A New England Patent Office Will Boost the Economy
- Don Roach: President Obama has Failed to Turn Around the Economy
- NEW: RI Economy Stalled, Reports Bryant and RIPEC
- RI’s Business Future: The Companies Who Can Grow The Economy
- Report: Rhode Island’s Economy is Slowing