NEW: Cicilline Joins Local Woonsocket Leaders in Support of Hospital
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
The event took place at the Cannon Building in Providence, and the congressman was accompanied by Senator Roger Picard, Woonsocket Mayor Leo Fontaine, Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce President John Gregory, and General Counsel of the United Nurses and Allied Professionals Chris Callacci.
The 214-bed hospital has been in debt to health insurer BlueCross BlueShield and has since been taken over by Boston’s Steward Health Care Systems LLC. However, with finances still tight for Landmark, Cicilline expressed his unwavering support for the hospital and advocated for its continued operation.
- Cicilline “Ruined” Providence’s Finances, Opponent Says
- Cicilline Accuses Doherty of Trying to “Score Political Points”
- BREAKING: Gemma Announces on Helen Glover, “95% chance I am running” against Cicilline
- Donna Perry: Cicilline Will Do Anything to get Re-Elected
- Langevin, Cicilline Want Pay Cuts for Congress
- NEW: Cicilline Issues Statement on Payroll Tax Cut Extension
- NEW: Cicilline Opens Woonsocket Office