2012 Rhode Island Business Plan Competition - Time for a Good Party
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Governor Lincoln Chafee will welcome guests, followed by a briefing on dates, events, and requirements. The winners of the 2011 competition will also address attendees, detailing their experience and how they won.
The annual competition is designed to promote entrepreneurship and development of start-up and early stage companies. It has two competition tracks – the Entrepreneur Track is open to any entrepreneur or would-be entrepreneur and the Student Track is open to any college or graduate student. Winners and finalists in 2011 – including manufacturing company AmniLabs, software developer Lucidux, and creator of a new prenatal health supplement PriWater – shared over $250,000 in cash and services.
The Competition also announced that it will host its Elevator Pitch Contest on Wednesday, December 7 from 5-7 p.m at RICIE. Established and aspiring entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply by 5 p.m. on Friday Dec. 2.
Acceptees will present a 90-second pitch to a panel of expert judges and a live audience and the top presenters will share up to $1,000 to fund their ventures. Attendance is free and open to the public.
The free kickoff event will run from 5-6:30 p.m at the Rhode Island Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (RICIE) at 1 Davol Square in Providence.
- Big Improvement: RI Jumps Forward in National Entrepreneurship Ranking
- Calling All Entrepreneurs
- New Study: Teach for America Producing Education Entrepeneurs
- NEW: Kim & Ava Anderson Make National Entrepreneurship Competition Finals
- NEW: Brown Professor to Lead Entrepreneurial Workshop
- MET School to Award $5K to Young Entrepreneurs
- Top Ten Entrepreneurial Mistakes Forum
- Underwear Entrepreneur: Sexy Period Founder Julie Sygiel
- Venture For America to Help Rhode Island’s Young Entrepreneurs
- We Mean Business Expo Brings Resources to RI Entrepreneurs