The LOOK: The Bob is Back
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Well ladies, here we are, at that time every decade or so when there's an itch to see how the traditional bob is showing up.
With the release of period TV shows such as Mad Men and Pan Am we are heading into what many call the retro look. But let's not confuse retro with glam—when a new generation hears "retro," they usually stray away fearing that it's their mom's and grandmom's dos. We have to remind ourselves that everything old does come back around, so leave us to imagine a new and brighter way to create it for our own. Here, therefore, is what I think the new bob will do for the next bobby season.
1. Don't be afraid to loose length; it grows quickly and with all the new and exciting ways to wear extensions, why not?
2. Add texture for romance and flirty fly-aways.
3. Discuss with your beauty professional how the bob will suit you.
For more Style coverage, don't miss GoLocalTV, fresh every day at 4pm and on demand 24/7, here.
- The LOOK: Long Hair for 2012
- The LOOK: Winter Hair Fixes
- The LOOK: Can You Be a Model?
- The LOOK: Day Looks Into Night
- The LOOK: Gray Is Sexy