StyleWeek to Close, May Return After Hiatus
Tuesday, June 07, 2016
The seven-year-old event which self-describes itself as "the premier fashion week focused on showcasing emerging designers and connecting them with the community, buyers and press in a trade setting" is closing after its June 12 Swim show. Organizers say the event is going on hiatus, but refused to give any timeline for the future.
Rosanna Ortiz, Founder & CEO said a press release, "StyleWeek Northeast brand will be taking a hiatus after the conclusion of its signature SWIM event on Sunday, June 12th at the Rooftop at the Providence G."
“StyleWeek Northeast has been a labor of love and my sole focus for the last seven years,” said Ortiz. “As the landscape of my professional life and that of the fashion industry changes, and how StyleWeek likes to stay ahead of the curve, my team and I have decided to pause and evaluate our brand so that we can take the proper steps to ensure continued growth.
“I have been humbled by the ongoing support of our designers, sponsors, media, the city of Providence and guests over the years. They have each played a role in the mark we have made on the fashion industry – locally, regionally, and nationally – and we are looking forward to the next phase.”
StyleWeek was established in 2009.
- Up Close with StyleWeek Designer Joseph Aaron Segal
- Cocktails to Raise Funds for Dress for Success, StyleWeek Providence
- StyleWeek Providence: Kara Wickman & Maria Del Carmen Mercado
- StyleWeek Preview: Designer Maria Del Carmen Mercado
- The LOOK: StyleWeek-Inspired Looks for Fashion Shows
- Up Close with StyleWeek Providence Artistic Director
- StyleWeek Providence: Karen Beebe & Samuel Vartan
- Go Red StyleWeek Challenge
- RI Beauty Expert: Providence’s StyleWeek Northeast
- $140 for $200 Admission to StyleWeek Providence
- StyleWeek Supports Heart Association with Creative Fashion Show
- StyleWeek Providence: Jennifer Greeke & Kelly Eident
- StyleWeek Providence: Beauty Round-Up
- StyleWeek Northeast Will Feature 15 Designers in February