StyleWeek Providence: Jennifer Greeke & Kelly Eident
Friday, January 21, 2011
We started out the night with Jennifer Greeke, who presented a collection from her design house, named Harpy, with a style that was impeccably tailored while being flirty and whimsical. Harpy has been described as “a women’s high-end fashion line dedicated to bringing strong feminine clothing with a slight edge to its stylish customers.” Models evoked a European sense of style with charming hats crowning many looks and touches of elegance while paying homage to Greeke’s costume design background in New York City. An indication of an exceptional showing, she left the crowd wanting more.
The second designer to present was Kelly Eident, a RISD grad who’s most recent collection under her “I'm Your Present” label can best be described as Thoroughly Modern Millie meets Chicago. The very theatrical line, very well put together, included fu and fringe detailing, marabou feathers in the hair and jeweled accessories.
I’ve attended many fashion shows from coast to coast, and I have to say Rhode Island did me proud. Just scanning the room, we had a wonderful blend of eccentric designers, bloggers, fashionistas and stylish locals. I felt like I was in New York City. StyleWeek is proving to be a great event, and a great fit, for Providence.
- StyleWeek Preview: Designer Maria Del Carmen Mercado
- The LOOK: StyleWeek-Inspired Looks for Fashion Shows
- Up Close with StyleWeek Providence Artistic Director
- StyleWeek Providence: Kara Wickman & Maria Del Carmen Mercado
- Cocktails to Raise Funds for Dress for Success, StyleWeek Providence
- StyleWeek Providence: Karen Beebe & Samuel Vartan
- Up Close with StyleWeek Designer Joseph Aaron Segal
- Go Red StyleWeek Challenge