She Did It Again - Rafaelian Named to Forbes’ “America’s Richest Self-Made Women” List
Thursday, July 12, 2018
“America's Richest Self-Made Women” list for 2018 and Rhode Island’s Carolyn Rafaelian came in at #21 on the list.
The list includes Oprah Winfrey at #6, Sheryl Sandberg of Facebook at #12, Sara Blakely of Spanx tied with Rafaelian at #21, and Kylie Jenner at #27.
“Despite this crazy state, it’s possible for a Rhode Island woman to reach this self-made list. For that I am proud,” said Rafaelian, Founder and CEO of Alex and Ani. “I am thrilled with my new team in place and we will continue to attract all the right people and continue to streamline the business and its efficiency. After all, we are the jewelry capital of the world!”
Earlier this month, Alex and Ani announced it has hit a milestone that few companies could ever dream of achieving — it has surpassed the donation of $50 million to more than 50 non-profit partners through its Charity by Design program.
The founder and CEO Carolyn Rafaelian, tells GoLocal that hitting the milestone is like achieving a dream.
- NEW: Alex and Ani Designer Rafaelian Appears Tonight on “The Boss”
- Carolyn Rafaelian: 12 Who Made a Difference in RI in 2012
- NEW: Alex and Ani’s Rafaelian RI Small Businessperson of the Year
- Cinerama Jewelry CEO Ralph Rafaelian Passes
- BREAKING: Alex and Ani Appoints Carolyn Rafaelian Interim CEO
- Rafaelian, Giselle, and Roberts Receive “Women of Vision” Awards from David Lynch Foundation
- Rafaelian Launching Locally Sourced Restaurants in 2018
- RI’s Davis, Rafaelian & Foulkes Named to Most Powerful Working Mother’s List
- Alex and Ani’s CEO Rafaelian Featured on ABC’s Good Morning America—Companies that Give
- Forbes Features RI’s “Bangle Billionaire,” Alex and Ani Founder Rafaelian