Miss Rhode Island USA, Teen USA 2017 Crowned
Monday, September 12, 2016
Kelsey Swanson was crowned Miss Rhode Island USA 2017, and Alex Papigiotis won Miss Rhode Island Teen USA 2017, at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Providence on Sunday.
Swanson, a Cranston West alum and URI student, assumes the crown from Miss Rhode Island USA 2016, Theresa Agonia.
Papigiotis, who lists studying at the Aveda Institute, takes the title of Miss Rhode Island Teen USA from Malia Cruz, who won in 2016.
The contestants were judged on interview, swimsuit, and evening gown.
Related Slideshow: BENRUS Fashion Show at Waterplace - New BeMe Line of Lingerie
- Rhode Island’s Olivia Culpo Crowned Miss USA
- Check Out the Video of Miss Rhode Island Winning Miss USA
- GoLocalTV Interview with Miss USA Olivia Culpo
- Miss USA Olivia Culpo: Bay View Days
- RI’s Anea Garcia Finishes as 2nd Runner-Up in Trump’s Miss USA
- NEW: RI’s Miss USA Olivia Culpo Wins Miss Universe
- Former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Bowed Out of Being a Judge For Miss USA Pageant
- Miss Rhode Island Italia Competition Seeks Entrants of All Ages
- Behind the Scenes at Miss Rhode Island
- Miss Rhode Island Teen Competes for Miss Teen USA
- West Warwick’s Alexandra Curtis Crowned Miss Rhode Island 2015
- Malia Cruz Wins 2016 Miss Rhode Island Teen USA
- GoLocalTV: Meet Miss Rhode Island, Alexandra Curtis
- NEW: Miss Rhode Island Alexandra Curtis Misses Miss America Finals
- RI’s Deborah Saint-Vil Takes Top Talent Award in Miss America Prelims
- NEW: Rhode Island’s Two Contenders for Miss America Crown
- New Miss America Says Tom Brady Cheated