ALPHA MALE: Accessorize Like a Man
Wednesday, November 02, 2011
There are several male accessories that with successful execution, can turn dull into dapper.
The Pocket Square: For example, a well styled tie and pocket square can turn an everyday suit into a fashion masterpiece. In my opinion, a pocket square should accompany almost any suit and jacket combo. Pocket squares are daring – showing a level a confidence in dress.
The Socks: A cool accessory for both the dressed and casual is a pair of well-thought out hosiery. You can wear socks that match your outfit…or completely clash with your outfit. It takes a confident man to pull off some hosiery, but that’s why you’re reading the article… You’re the man anyway, right?
Jewelry your thing? Only if you follow these 4 rules.
1. Earrings aren’t cool unless you’re a rapper.
2. Necklaces are great, but keep them under your shirt. (Also note – chest hair is not an accessory. Keep this under your shirt too).
3. If you’re going to wear a ring, make sure it’s a wedding ring, Stanley Cup ring, or Superbowl ring. All other rings should be kept at home.
4. Teeth grills, well you've got to love them, so they're in...not.
- ALPHA MALE: Smart Talk About Underwear
- ALPHA MALE: To Shave Or Not to Shave?
- ALPHA MALE: Why Real Men Need Manicures
- ALPHA MALE: Dressing Right for Temple + Church
- ALPHA MALE: How to Dress Well (Without Dressing Up)
- ALPHA MALE: Pack Like a Man
- ALPHA MALE: Shoes Make the Man (and How to Take Care of Them)